A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Lovely weather in South Brent again today, although a rather rushed one, due to CTMK and the satellite dish being unwell. At least the satellite dish has now been recovered, although our aerial man has injured his leg and needed me to assist him with the ladders. Just as he was about to ascend to replace a defective component on the dish, CTMK appears with a bucket of warm, soapy water, a cloth and instructions (for me) to go up the ladder to wash the Velux down after the aerial man has done his stuff. Might as well also go up and clean an otherwise inaccessible window sill, which has become a bit too weathered.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Is that a request Robert.:jester: It will be run in perfect harmony, it's the real thing.;)

No I prefer the rhino's or the trees then again the end stops, your train set you choose.:biggrin_mini2:

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Good evening Rob. Asking for a friend...…..when you get the 94XX tank will you be getting the onesuitable for your 1957 era as then you could run that Special as it was diverted via Brent  a few times on the way back when there were problems at Crediton and the 94XX was doubleheaded with an N. It so happen that this friend has a spare N and a load of Maunsells that need a long lease home.

Ar$£

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Good evening Rob. Asking for a friend...…..when you get the 94XX tank will you be getting the onesuitable for your 1957 era as then you could run that Special as it was diverted via Brent  a few times on the way back when there were problems at Crediton and the 94XX was doubleheaded with an N. It so happen that this friend has a spare N and a load of Maunsells that need a long lease home.

Ar$£

This isn't a chemist shop......asking for a friend:dontknow:

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

7 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Never thought I'd see Irish rolling stock on this thread.

Thank goodness for that, I thought Rob had started re-painting his Hawksworths!

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Aren't there any window cleaners down in the South Hams then Tim or are you too tight to use one.:read:

There are window cleaners in the South Hams.

I am not too tight to employ the services of one of them.

He just doesn't clean our Velux.

That's my job.

Apparently.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Very time consuming but here's a very short clip of 4870 on an up empty wagon train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWBuAUPe5Lk

BRILLIANT!

More clips, please, Robin!

1 hour ago, toboldlygo said:

I'll raise you 4855 on the TRW Bulleid Branchline/ Test Track with a rake of Collett's ;) 

That looks like a massively fun set-up you've got there.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

That looks like a massively fun set-up you've got there.

Alas commissions get in the way - otherwise it would be more complete.

I would guess over 500 loco's have traveled over the tracks of my layout since it was rebuilt in 2002, from my very first Pug (which makes a cameo in the latest video), through to the first loco I did for Robin (4012), the superb APT-E and many, many more - including a complete class (West Country/Battle of Britain Class) and 27 out of 30 Merchant Navies...

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Supurb photos of those Hawksworth coaches, they do look right at home behind Spitfire. 

Keep'm coming, can you do a full rake photo Rob? Also, the weathering Toboldygo has done 

is simply subtle, great work between both of you.

Thank you for sharing,

Tex.  

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

There are window cleaners in the South Hams.

I am not too tight to employ the services of one of them.

He just doesn't clean our Velux.

That's my job.

Apparently.

Why would you expect your window cleaner to clean your car?

Vauxhall_Velox_4-Door_Saloon_1958.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

The two Veluxes in my last house in Kent, and the one I have here in France, were/is at such a height that they could/can be easily cleaned from the inside, which is not to say that any of them ever were/is!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Ar$£

Chris Spams is currently researching this and a photo find [N class] of mine from a Peter Gray book. Early indications are four Maunsell SK's and a CK.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Chris Spams is currently researching this and a photo find [N class] of mine from a Peter Gray book. Early indications are four Maunsell SK's and a CK.

I have , my friend has that photo and it is a goody. That friend has a suitable N and the required stock that he wants to loan out. He actually has three SR Maunsells (nicely weathered by another friend) as well, but no 1947 N sadly.

Wiggly Wiggler.

A Prairie rarely offends ......

IMG_0492.jpg.31cbdc40764de35a48912f3ea54db676.jpg

But after a long day on the South Devon today I think my grandson found it all a bit too much !

IMG_0490.jpg.574ad966cd7e6ea93f4424737e9016bf.jpg

His first PROPER steam locomotive experience and well worth it.

G

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 4