A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, mattingleycustom said:

I think your U is actually an N; the round spectacle windows above the firebox are the clue.

Just like GW 4-6-0s, Maunsell Moguls all look the same!

Glenn

I stand corrected, not because of the spectacle windows (which are round on some U’s ) but because of the lack of splashers thus smaller driving wheels. Who would have thought that the grainy snap taken on my Kodak Brownie 127 would been appreciated 60 years later!

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

I hope RMweb Gold doesn’t effect the amount of posting on this thread.

17 minutes ago, colin penfold said:

I think you 'll be OK mate

Apart from the free show ticket, which (strangely enough) isn't all that attractive to me, it just looks like all the things that we use to have anyway...

Edited by St Enodoc

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Apart from the free show ticket, which (strangely enough) isn't all that attractive to me, it just looks like all the things that we use to have anyway...

Same for me. About time Warner's organised an exhibition further west.

Quite a lot of RMWeb members in Oz, so perhaps they need to do that as well.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Well , another incentive to join RMweb Gold is some added benefits of following this thread.

*  Podcast from the bench of the up platform.

*  Priority requests for most stock that's being run. N class on Hawksworth stock is a step too far.

*  Behind the scenes in depth interviews with Mr Warburton and Mike Roper. How does he hold that case 24 hrs a day.

* Exclusive photos of Minnie Finching.

*  Ticket to any Plymouth Argyle match played at The Ricoh Arena. [Subject to availability]

*  Access to any unseen rhino shots, its been a while.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Well , another incentive to join RMweb Gold is some added benefits of following this thread.

*  Podcast from the bench of the up platform.

*  Priority requests for most stock that's being run. N class on Hawksworth stock is a step too far.

*  Behind the scenes in depth interviews with Mr Warburton and Mike Roper. How does he hold that case 24 hrs a day.

*  Ticket to any Plymouth Argyle match played at The Ricoh Arena. [Subject to availability]

Oh, Monsieur L'Ambassadeur, you are spoiling us!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cary hill said:

RMweb Gold members will also get exclusive sneak previews of the new motive power to be employed on ANTB for the 1958 Summer Season.........it's gonna get ugly........

DSCN1889.JPG.fec68a5774441ca80f2731b834f8ea68.JPG

WOW I'm impressed. :sarcastic:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gwrrob said:

I hope RMweb Gold doesn’t effect the amount of posting on this thread.

I'll still be here if you'll have me ! 

I wont promise to be good all of the time though .

Edited by bgman
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

I misread BRM as RMweb - so it looks as though access to the old old RMweb has definitely gone for ever.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

I misread BRM as RMweb - so it looks as though access to the old old RMweb has definitely gone for ever.

I think Andy said something along the lines that there was too much dev work needed to get the code to work with the new hosting, given how low the traffic was.

a real shame as there was a lot of really good stuff on there (and a lot of my old workbench and layout photos which I have liked to refer back to...

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Podcast from the bench of the up platform.

Ticket to any Plymouth Argyle match played at The Ricoh Arena. [Subject to availability]

I'm not joining then as that's a fantasy, not an incentive, if the Greens don't wake up and get their heads out of their #####...…………….

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Meanwhile we have some afternoon delight.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

oh, stop it!

Yes quite right. He says this all the time and not once has he shown us any sky rockets in flight  :(

Sven Tiesrock

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 03/04/2019 at 09:14, Mallard60022 said:

I'm not joining then as that's a fantasy, not an incentive, if the Greens don't wake up and get their heads out of their #####...…………….

Is it true the RMWeb Silver package includes two tickets for an Argyle match?

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Waraqah said:

Is it true the RMWeb Silver package includes two tickets for an Argyle match?

No. That's the penalty if you don't sign up. Even worse is, if you don't join up and then go on and on and on moaning and wasting everyone's time, you get a Season ticket for Wycombe Wanderers :tease:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

I heard that Alex Mcleish was seen the other day at Home Park trying to get the entire Argyle squad to sign up to play for Scotland. He reckons the funny accents and inhabiting a remote part of the UK should qualify them.

He's about to get fired though, and snapped up by Theresa May to lead the Brexit work - he can get any country out of Europe in just three matches

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold

A pox on the useless service at the Ivybridge library cafeteria, where they can't recognise who should be served first and then fa*t about with the customer in front and a load of small change.

They can stick their hot beverage, I've now got one at home.

Plus the wifi there is useless as well.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

A pox on the useless service at the Ivybridge library cafeteria, where they can't recognise who should be served first and then fa*t about with the customer in front and a load of small change.

They can stick their hot beverage, I've now got one at home.

Plus the wifi there is useless as well.

Should have gone to Starbucks instead.:jester:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I won't confirm or deny that yours truly is suffering a FOMO experience and will therefore duly pay his fee and join the RMweb Gold membership, like a few others on this thread. Considering the therapy it's given me over the years, it's small change.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Nobly said, Rob, although in fact your thread is part of what makes RMweb attractive to some of us.

ISTR Andy Y’s original vision for the site included the facility for copious online imagery, and ANTB takes that idea and makes it work in spades, thanks.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 7

On 02/04/2019 at 14:48, gwrrob said:

Meanwhile we have some afternoon delight.

473232156_DSCN5172(2).JPG.9cffa85cc1e7d43c40a4ea465fe5ed1f.JPG1821832393_DSCN5173(2).JPG.bb3cd01bc068a654c747b36a09f004c1.JPG516097745_DSCN5174(2).JPG.770f13484701992d8d41e168e44eabb8.JPG478700069_DSCN5175(2).JPG.325b6bcd338ff616e25b4b6671ea42a9.JPG

Lovely shots, Robin,

I assume it's a shunting move, otherwise where's the brake? 

I take it the two carriages are Hornby's latest ex-GWR types? I've just reviewed the GWR 'shirtbutton' version for BRM. It looks a cracker, and formed of completely new tooling.

I've also noticed the latest NB A-1-A A-1-A 'Warship' on your thread. When were the real things actually introduced, if I may ask, please? Some sources quote 1958, but several pictures show D600 running in November 1957, when brand-new.

Regards,

Tony. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1