A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

In other news, here's a book that arrived today and upon first glance it looks to be a little beauty, some bedtime reading will be employed later.

fullsizeoutput_202e.jpeg.3c63abde39019485ecc3298ebef0fa0a.jpeg

Bought for various reasons but mainly for a little ? project that I have in mind.

G

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, bgman said:

And to top this I've just found a vid... enjoy !

YEY !!!

( She'll be even nicer once the valves have been set. )

I'm sure there were some members of the RMWeb Gold Lounge in the special coaches. Why wasn't I told?

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

You've been a regular on this thread for how long and you're still finding this kind of thing worrying?

Only for last year and a bit and I do find people wanting to eat loco's disturbing - but I am on the outside of the asylum looking in ;) :P

• Informative/Useful 1

18 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

Only for last year and a bit and I do find people wanting to eat loco's disturbing - but I am on the outside of the asylum looking in ;) :P

I brought the boy a chocolate Thomas the other year.  That was definitely edible.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The Cap'n found a nice vid of a nice locomotive in the correct colour and all you lot can do is talk.:fie:  What about the elegant engine and carriages?  I liked it anyway!:yes:

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, bgman said:

In other news, here's a book that arrived today and upon first glance it looks to be a little beauty, some bedtime reading will be employed later.

Bought for various reasons but mainly for a little ? project that I have in mind.

G

You may not wish to accept all the image captions as stated. I have the other Maidment books where some of his picture descriptions are pure fantasy. I am just looking at the Counties book. Same picture features twice, described as two different locos at two different locations on two different dates and there are may others gems  besides this one and again in the 4-4-0 books.

Mike Wiltshire

• Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, brianusa said:

The Cap'n found a nice vid of a nice locomotive in the correct colour and all you lot can do is talk.:fie:  What about the elegant engine and carriages?  I liked it anyway!:yes:

Brian.

Actually, it was Bgman who found it, I just made a facetious comment.

Notice to all - steer clear of South Brent this morning, the local roads appear to be full of earnest, lycra-clad cyclists.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Notice to all - steer clear of South Brent this morning, the local roads appear to be full of earnest, lycra-clad cyclists.

Don't you blame me, I woz told by the trees and the grass just behind a big wall. Anyway I'm off to pull on some lycra and ride my tricycle.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

:scared::scared:

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

A bit of Frederick Hawksworth influence on shew this lunchtime in the shape of Taunton based Castle, 5077 Fairey Battle, on an express featuring his coaches.

964584702_DSCN5190(2).JPG.2ef7ef980b0720471c362bb780bea85a.JPGDSCN5195_(2).JPG.db8fce0f541d05f5e5e9f5b6a37b4a1b.JPG1046648976_DSCN5196(2).JPG.c406a782a7e521aec44ad4a33216a1d1.JPG2061490409_DSCN5197(2).JPG.e4f17e030e41899318f58fc919b73d0c.JPG

DSCN5194 (2).JPG

Edited by gwrrob
photo order
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, bgman said:

G

It is a very nice book, I'm flicking through my copy at the moment - it arrived at midday :sungum:

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1