A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Went for a bit of a wander yesterday (ended up walking 20 miles). Partook in an ice cream at the local preserved railway. They had something green and tanky, with polished bits. Thought you might enjoy this action shot of it running passed spoiling my view...

I take it you were at the Battleaxe line chum.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Interesting juxtaposition of the platform height to the relative and corresponding visible elements of the locomotive.

Informative and highly useful observations, well done.

And here was me thinking it was a gauging issue!

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Any connection between a something looking like a monster and anything GWR is purely coincidental isn't it Rob?

Ar$£

P.S. Still having troubling thoughts about that Dapol 7mm 14XX...…….need medication...…...ummmmmmm!

• Friendly/supportive 5

43 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I might not have a GWR Monster

I've fitted a bottom bracket and pleased to say I no longer have a noisy crank !

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Any connection between a something looking like a monster and anything GWR is purely coincidental isn't it Rob?

Ar$£

P.S. Still having troubling thoughts about that Dapol 7mm 14XX...…….need medication...…...ummmmmmm!

Repeat after me, ' I like small GW tankies ', ' I like small GW  tankies', ' I like small............

There, that's better isn't it!

• Thanks 1

Hi All,

Apologies for going slightly OT, but I've just got home from the Eid celebrations in Small Heath park, having caught the train at Small Heath.

I wonder if anyone can think of other examples of stations where platforms 1 & 2 are closed, and trains stop (occasionally) at higher-numbered platforms (3 & 4 in this case).

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Ar$£

Oi!

You don't need it, you really don't want it, you cannot afford it and it is too big to carry up the ladder to the loft.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
55 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Oi!

You don't need it, you really don't want it, you cannot afford it and it is too big to carry up the ladder to the loft.

Yo Clive. I have a servant to carry me up to the Loft!!!!!!!

Ar$£

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Very impressed by the 28XX/48XX oiler Rob.

The Shapeways modification kit is excellent and I feel very lazy for not getting round to fitting mine.

You may just have spurred me into action on that task.  Thanks again for the inspiration.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, M.I.B said:

Very impressed by the 28XX/48XX oiler Rob.

The Shapeways modification kit is excellent and I feel very lazy for not getting round to fitting mine.

You may just have spurred me into action on that task.  Thanks again for the inspiration.

Agreed but I must reiterate that it's the work of @toboldlygo of this parish. The Shapeways moulding is very crisply cast.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Here's a question for you GWR experts. PECO make a 7mm scale steel open which is a PWay vehicle. A steel open would make a nice change from wooden ones, so here's my question. Is there a general merchandise version I could make from the same kit?

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=PEW-605&style=&strType=&Mcode=Peco+W-605

Thanks

CP

Yes but he was one of our (Western) Devils.

Have to say I found myself on that same platform last September, and the same train came in. I was transported

immediately to Truro in the Sixties. Can't say what it was, but the way it crept along the platform stirred memories I

didn't know were there.

• Friendly/supportive 3

41 minutes ago, toboldlygo said:

What kind of contrivance is that?

It's the work of the devil, I tell you :jester:

Don't look!, don't look!, it is an oil-engine! - and I am not referring to that nice clean oil used for lubrication purposes, but dirty disgusting smelly oil. Awful, simply awful.

... hmmm, maybe a little over the top perhaps?

Glenn

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

7 hours ago, colin penfold said:

Here's a question for you GWR experts. PECO make a 7mm scale steel open which is a PWay vehicle. A steel open would make a nice change from wooden ones, so here's my question. Is there a general merchandise version I could make from the same kit?

http://www.gaugemaster.com/item_details.asp?code=PEW-605&style=&strType=&Mcode=Peco+W-605

No.

• Thanks 1