A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Modelu have just brought out this item for the chimney. Looks bleddy andsome.

P

Only available in 7mm at the moment as Alan's waiting for the Model Rail model to be released before he does the 4mm version.

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

Thanks to the generosity of a follower of this thread , @BenL, I have a new addition to my coaching stock. Seeing the old Hornby clerestory on both Little Muddle and Stoke Courtenay layouts convinced me to have a look. We replaced the bogies with these https://www.shapeways.com/product/6FVCJNAJR/dean-10-coach-bogie-Hornby-fit?optionId=60852638  although not cheap do look decent in a layout train. They can accommodate Kadee 19 couplings. I need some Modeller's Mecca gangways to finish them.

@toboldlygo of this parish has resprayed the body using a Vallejo brown and weathered it to a filthy post war state. He's made a silk purse. More anon.

701540134_DSCN5604(2).JPG.facb45d499658f572b49e712389b73dd.JPG992039948_DSCN5605(2).JPG.eeea95dc5c443e489c4bff5c82630e4a.JPG1607213022_DSCN5606(2).JPG.ed94edf171c99b1f141e1eb29f44f792.JPG

Blimey Rob, I thought that was a Weed Killer Train.

P

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Clearwater said:

A slightly damp day at Didcot.  Day brightened up by seeing Clun Castle zip past on a steam special.  Never seen a Castle at that speed before!  An impressive sight.

the two junior enthusiasts enjoyed it mind

David

8DCCAAA2-1D59-404C-94D3-DEBDBBE7E637.jpeg

Castle's at speed are pretty impressive machines!!

• Agree 5

I prefer to keep it simple on Fathers Day, I had a drive down to Exmuff and sat on a wall with my daughter far away from the madding crowd of grockles.

We sat talking whilst eating chips and drinking Fanta and watching the windsurfers performing some excellent wave hopping.

No modelling was involved and dya know what ?

I enjoyed every minute of it !

Quality time is so precious.

G

Edited by bgman
  • Like 7
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, bgman said:

I prefer to keep it simple on Fathers Day, I had a drive down to Exmuff and sat on a wall with my daughter far away from the madding crowd of grockles.

We sat talking whilst eating chips and drinking Fanta and watching the windsurfers performing some excellent wave hopping.

No modelling was involved and dya know what ?

I enjoyed every minute of it !

Quality time is so precious.

G

Oh was it Fathers Day......another year no one told my two herberts. :no:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5