A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

I think we did Edward II for A Level - 1966! - but I know zilch about Edward III.

Number three Edward did declare himself King of France at one point but withdrew the claim at a peace treaty. He did seem to like having a punch up in France, I do hope you are not the same.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Number three Edward did declare himself King of France at one point but withdrew the claim at a peace treaty. He did seem to like having a punch up in France, I do hope you are not the same.

Well, at 70 I am not much of a fighter, if I ever was, but some of the antics of the paysans hereabouts do take us back a century or two...

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

In case anyone fancies a long shot, Accurascale have a wish list going in which you can ask for what ever you would like.   A good opportunity to ask a different manufacturer for some Toplights

Or a full brake.;)

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/145747-2019-accurascale-modeller-survey-have-your-say/

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

For anyone looking for a seaside retreat in sunny Teignmouth, a beach shed is up for auction next month according to the local news at a guide price of between £200 & £300 grand! Railway views not included.

3 hours ago, gwrrob said:

You're not allowed to sleep in the thing either for that money. 

Is it big enough for a layout?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 19:13, Siberian Snooper said:

For anyone looking for a seaside retreat in sunny Teignmouth, a beach shed is up for auction next month according to the local news at a guide price of between £200 & £300 grand! Railway views not included.

Are the locals selling up before Network Rail starts work to eliminate the beaches?

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

This is what you get for your £200k guide price at Teignmouth. Here's my repainted Hornby sheds for comparison.:jester:

Yours look better value, Rob, but might not survive rough weather!

That price is silly. Sherry and ex bought a detached house w 4 beds and views to Dartmoor not so long ago in Maidencombe, a smart village not far along the road to Torquay, for only just over twice that price. And Sherry's flat in Babbacombe, two beds, 5' from the cliff views, overlooking a park, Edwardian Italianate but the whole block modernised in 2005 so all you need, was less than £150k. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

This is what you get for your £200k guide price at Teignmouth. Here's my repainted Hornby sheds for comparison.:jester:

215102066_tbh1.jpg.3c313063933f8634640bb9d7f44d706b.jpgtbh.jpg.6a01b1689f5e055047e80237c6cd6fe9.jpg789203939_Beachhuts(2).jpg.0c4253ea7199e05de46b7aa492a79d97.jpg

Those sheds are bigger on the inside!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, gwrrob said:

215102066_tbh1.jpg.3c313063933f8634640bb9d7f44d706b.jpgtbh.jpg.6a01b1689f5e055047e80237c6cd6fe9.jpg789203939_Beachhuts(2).jpg.0c4253ea7199e05de46b7aa492a79d97.jpg

That's certainly a lot swisher that the average beach hut as I remember them.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 03/07/2019 at 21:09, The Fatadder said:

In case anyone fancies a long shot, Accurascale have a wish list going in which you can ask for what ever you would like.   A good opportunity to ask a different manufacturer for some Toplights

More cute little engines, please.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, KNP said:

Ahhhh….so peaceful.

So peaceful in fact you can hear the birds tweaking and wind rustling in the trees.

The canopy is rustling...

• Funny 4