A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 23:16, Limpley Stoker said:

patch.cabbage.alienated

Mr Warburton’s current location. Anyone use w3w ?

www.what3words.com

No

Overheat.Dude.Slowness

I think Mr W is in superhero.jaunts.office

Rob could run this like a game of battleships...………………….

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, colin penfold said:

No

Overheat.Dude.Slowness

I think Mr W is in superhero.jaunts.office

Rob could run this like a game of battleships...………………….

You’re right- I was miles out. So was Bure Valley.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

A bit of a tease for a 'coming soon' item. Not many of these to choose from that didn't still have inside steam pipes in my period. I couldn't resist her after seeing her in the Norman Lockett book.

1949563880_4019KnightTemplar.jpga(3).jpg.eb8d0aed77d7a4e5ffb68124e0322d17.jpg

Looks good but is there really enough room for internal steam pipes?

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, gwrrob said:

A bit of a tease for a 'coming soon' item. Not many of these to choose from with inside steam pipes in my period. I couldn't resist her after seeing her in the Norman Lockett book.

http://www.gwr.org.uk/no-stars.html

1949563880_4019KnightTemplar.jpga(3).jpg.eb8d0aed77d7a4e5ffb68124e0322d17.jpg

Mr Churchwards finest masterpiece.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Those of us unfamiliar with the goings on in bandit country (west of Royal Oak underground station) might ask "Who is Mr Churchward?" :tomato::tomato::tomato::blackeye::tomato:

The naughty step is currently in stock and available Mr M, do you want me to add it to your basket.:D

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Some might have said his 4500 class small prairie tank.

It is well known on this forum, but I do like a small prairie! 

@Taz recons that's I have every one allocated to Laira Shed circa 1960. What he doesn't know, is that I have a number from Newton Abbot Shed too! But we won't tell him that! ;):secret:

Regards,

Nick.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, KNP said:

For those of you in doubt....

One of his finest designs

Picture of balanced serenity.....until it starts of course!

1923.jpg.5050886a6dc6dab28be82c8a6ecef0ad.jpg

I have been advised by my legal team not to say all Great Western locos look alike, especially when I am on the naughty step......is that right?

• Agree 3
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I have been advised by my legal team not to say all Great Western locos look alike, especially when I am on the naughty step......is that right?

Tread carefully sir, tread carefully. :D 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

We've already established that they may all look alike but apparently they come in different shades of green.

Edited by teaky
spilling
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, teaky said:

We've already established that they may all look alike but appently they come in different shades of green.

Ah! That is the fault of the paint mixers wife. :yes: David Jenkinson in one of his magazine articles, Backtrack I think, wrote about colours of locomotives, mainly about how photos don't reproduce the correct colour. He ended it with extracts of an interview he done with the chap who mixed the paint at Swindon works. It went something on the lines of "If the night before had been a happy one with my wife, I would come in to work with a smile on my face and carefully measure the pigment etc. :ok:Now had she nagged :aggressive: me before I left for work, well the stuff just got chucked in" :ireful:. See  50 shades of GWR green courtesy of Mrs Paint Mixer.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, teaky said:

We've already established that they may all look alike but appently they come in different shades of green.

You don't work for Hornby by any chance Rob ?

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

You don't work for Hornby by any chance Rob ?

I have a solution to the 50 shades of Hornby GWR green. I think we should send a delegation around to the house of the bloke who mixes the paint for Hornby......and have a quiet word with his wife suggesting no more nagging.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

That's a good thing actually. As I've mentioned before, it means that Veronica doesn't notice when I buy another one...

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Star class 4019 Knight Templar is seen on shed at Tigley. Although a Bath Road engine in my period she was seen on the west of England mainline being used on the milk train amongst other jobs. A photo in the Lockett book inspired me as well as the Ted Kanas model of her on GWR Org.

@toboldlygo of this parish has done a superb weathering job on her. Crew and lamps are from Modelu. The lamp irons on Hornby models are much finer than Bachmann. More anon.

DSCN5716_(2).JPG.de71eac15bedf418dc2b9458bcdbbbcb.JPG320739036_DSCN5717(2).JPG.01ad667e4895340bbf64405211b5f3de.JPG2131503617_DSCN5718(2).JPG.9255bea37d2538521f864af6fceff72d.JPG596842226_DSCN5719(2).JPG.96d3eea59af1b16906c92effc8fcbacc.JPG711479216_DSCN5720(2).JPG.1dab8063af019be6ddd20e1c6e694823.JPG