A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Ribird said:

Have you tried looking on their main page? It is the first thing that pops up, hopefully that works

If not, here is the link: https://fox-transfers.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=festive

That's a bigger choice than when I bought mine a few years back. Maybe I should get Bah Humbug as well.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

You may be interested to know that over on Tony Wright's thread there are photos of some attractive locos plus one of those water tanks on wheels that several of you seem to find inoffensive. 

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Two for the price of one and seen before, 2884 class 3864 , again, passes with a down coal train as 8750 class pannier 3796 simmers with the branch train.

3864_and_3796.jpg.3b8099e91581e9f4e4661ee328cb3abe.jpg

Lovely shot Robin, even more so in Black and White.

Looks as if I timed my weekly visit to Brent very well to catch 3864 on the down coal.

Thanks for sharing, Neal.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/12/2019 at 20:09, gwrrob said:

Two for the price of one and seen before, 2884 class 3864 , again, passes with a down coal train as 8750 class pannier 3796 simmers with the branch train.

3864_and_3796.jpg.3b8099e91581e9f4e4661ee328cb3abe.jpg

What a wonderful picture!

One of the best I've seen.

Lamps as well! 

Regards,

Tony. 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 11/12/2019 at 16:34, gwrrob said:

Yes, Tony is a lucky guy and has influence enough for Bachmann to give him a running sample for LB of 9487, the BR black version. It has good haulage capacity by all accounts. Photo courtesy of Tony Wright.

9487.jpg.d8160f1de382c42e6f4bfb764ca462ee.jpg

I am lucky, Rob,

And I hope I never abuse the privilege.

I suppose, by having a 'largish' trainset, I can offer RTR manufacturers the chance to really test their locos. They all have test tracks, of course, but they're limited in size.

The loco you've shown easily hauled over 40 kit-built/modified proprietary, full-laden coal wagons. Not only that, it's incredibly quiet. Quiet enough that on test, light engine, we both totally forgot about it running, and I put another loco on the same road! 

Oxford Rail have tested their locos on LB, and I've tested Hornby ones as well (I look forward to the Accurascale Deltic!). Heljan's O2s were subject to extensive testing before production began, and there are at least two other new types to be put through there paces, though non-disclosure prevents me (quite rightly) from telling you what they are.

By coupling up two wires, I can even have LB as DCC! Now, what about that!

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Tony Wright said:

By coupling up two wires, I can even have LB as DCC! Now, what about that! 

Which is how many of us first sampled DCC. It isn't for everyone, not every layout 'needs' it, but as a way of dipping a toe, it is a great way to start. 

21 years later......

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Which is how many of us first sampled DCC. It isn't for everyone, not every layout 'needs' it, but as a way of dipping a toe, it is a great way to start. 

21 years later......

I'm glad you've had success with it, Ian,

However, can it work the other way round? 

By just coupling up two wires to a DCC system, can it then be run as analogue? 

More of a Wright Writes discussion (again), I suppose. 

Regards,

Tony. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 11/12/2019 at 16:34, gwrrob said:

Yes, Tony is a lucky guy and has influence enough for Bachmann to give him a running sample for LB of 9487, the BR black version. It has good haulage capacity by all accounts. Photo courtesy of Tony Wright.

9487.jpg.d8160f1de382c42e6f4bfb764ca462ee.jpg

What with the photo of the livery sample of the MR 0-4-4T on Mr Sheephausen's thread, it seems that we might expect two rather super offerings from Bachmann in the not-so-distant future?

I see that the pannier even has sandbox operating rods, how excellent.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

What with the photo of the livery sample of the MR 0-4-4T on Mr Sheephausen's thread, it seems that we might expect two rather super offerings from Bachmann in the not-so-distant future?

I see that the pannier even has sandbox operating rods, how excellent.

Mange Tout. 

I have to agree but of the two, the 1P really stands out. A really fine model that captures the Victorian origins of the loco. ( and it ran on the best West Country line by far.............:bomb_mini:)

That said, the 94xx shows the advances made in the intervening years and Bachmann have captured the heft and bulk of the real thing......

But I'll stick with the Victorian era thank you very much.....

Rob 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

But I'll stick with the Victorian era thank you very much.....

A splendid and most commodious notion for any gentleman, I do declare.

I am anticipating, however, an upgrading of certain bridges to permit a 94XX to operate in the Mid-Wales and Welsh Borders area, to say nothing of someone sending one to Barrow Road or Gloucester for wheel replacement and the administration of the appropriate medication to permit it to operate on Midland lines.

An 0-4-4T will also need to be procured, for the planned re-emergence of 'Bleakhouse Road' in due course.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Waraqah said:

I see the football special trains in the New Year won't be coming as far as Brent, unfortunately.  :(

Yes and I'm disappointed about that as I fancied going to Home Park.:(

• RMweb Gold

As we are fast approaching the silly season it might be time for a caption contest featuring our beloved CK. A splendid and most commodious notion of a gentleman.

174608057_DSCN4520(2).JPG.01dbbd1cb73326ec4690e395d6533267.JPG

Edited by gwrrob
added detail.
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

As we are fast approaching the silly season it might be time for a caption contest featuring our beloved CK.

174608057_DSCN4520(2).JPG.01dbbd1cb73326ec4690e395d6533267.JPG

Station AND Train with NO toilets,:o good job I brought this cup along today.:good::sarcastichand:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2