A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Coach bogie said:

Worsley Works have now produced another set of GWR clerestory sides. It is the C16 which is the rebuilt form of the Hornby body. Fully paneled and design as an exact fit to the Hornby body. £25 a set with ends, clerestory insert and vents etc.

That's welcome news Mike.  From what you've said before I believe the earlier etch for the Hornby 2/3 compo model was of an earlier (i.e. pre-1930s) incarnation  Thanks for letting us all know via the great clearing house that is ANTB.  Another project looms!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

22 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Looking absolutely mouth watering, the final checked CADs of the Kernow railmotor are available on Facebook. No delivery date given but our patience here will be rewarded.

Will you be getting one @gwrrob? If so, which version? I'm assuming the latest livery for a "what if" they survived past 1935?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, Ribird said:

Will you be getting one @gwrrob? If so, which version? I'm assuming the latest livery for a "what if" they survived past 1935?

This is the one I have on order http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/50707/K2302-GWR-Steam-Railmotor-number-97-in-GWR-Choc-Cream

Not sure of era but rule 1 will apply, will be too nice not to have.;)

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

This is the one I have on order http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/50707/K2302-GWR-Steam-Railmotor-number-97-in-GWR-Choc-Cream

From Kernow's information on the railmotors they are producing, the one you are getting (and the one I should pre-order), it is "Simplified GWR Chocolate & Cream late 1920s onwards." And agreed, too nice not to have! I bet it will look superb with an autocoach. Yet I'm still waiting for someone to produce are RTR of an A28 or A30 that actually looks good. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 28/01/2020 at 15:57, gwrrob said:

Looking absolutely mouth watering, the final checked CADs of the Kernow railmotor are available on Facebook. No delivery date given but our patience here will be rewarded.

1847844003_kernowrailmotor.jpg.9a7351c37e6b6edb40e920eb7c7fff12.jpg464292101_kernowrailmotor.jpga.jpg.c26cdd5eec375fc87ad92754785e3b1b.jpg2143028718_kernowrailmotor.jpga.jpgb.jpg.c8bbf445cd24235d122c04f64a18058d.jpg1624644193_kernowrailmotor.jpga.jpgb.jpgc.jpg.a2a61dfe8f96e20fb8301aa1b75b7a09.jpg

Cor a chuff chuff version of a DMU

Hides very quickly below the parapet.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Oh dear......you are at it again Robin.....tempting me into making more Rule1 purchases rather than saving all my cents for Prairies!

John:wacko:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Oh dear.......:cry:

Don’t worry, I agree with your initial comment and there isn’t room for both of us.

It’s a very nice SMU . . .

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT
Chuddy rellspecker.
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

A heads up on a promising new, to me anyway, book which features the photos of my favourite photographers, Dick Riley and Peter Gray.

https://ttpublishing.co.uk/product/western-region-non-passenger-trains-images-from-dick-riley-and-peter-gray-collections/

Oh dear. More expense! :) 

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, gwrrob said:

A heads up on a promising new, to me anyway, book which features the photos of my favourite photographers, Dick Riley and Peter Gray.

https://ttpublishing.co.uk/product/western-region-non-passenger-trains-images-from-dick-riley-and-peter-gray-collections/

Looks to be total class!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

All round good egg and long time follower @2ManySpams is down for exhibiting [plasticard abuse in 7mm] at this weekends Stafford show. I'll be popping in on Saturday as it's usually a good show to blow away the winter cobwebs.

I'll

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi to Robin, and the 150+ followers of this thread,

Having enjoyed reading this thread over the last year or so and thrown in the occasional thought, I decided I should let you know that I have set up a thread called "Lower Thames Yard" for my upcoming Western Region layout.

There is no layout yet, just plans, and while I can't promise this thread's level modelling action or loco videos I hope you will have a look and chuck in your two pennys worth telling me (politely!) what you think of my efforts. 

In the first post I have set the scene and subsequently asked help on background from the first respondents. 

Next I will be telling readers how I am dealing with semaphore and colour light signals to cope with operating in two eras 30 years apart!

Soon I hope to post pics of my efforts with BR and 1990s liveries although I know they are no match for the GW efforts of those posting to this site.

So "Cheers" everyone, and I hope to read you in my thread at some stage!  

Best regards

Paul

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

19 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

Nope, I think it will be for either G Bloke or Sheep Bloke. Not decided yet...

I see no possible reason why it belongs 'ere in Devon we are very well behaved as well you know, I haven't been rude since at least erm....... ? ......

G

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

"I must be kind to those who model the L&NER"

1382809365_DSCN6207(2).JPG.b349821149a77e43e878f6d60fec5e09.JPG.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

There was much interest from the punters in his model of his model.

I must have been asleep: I omitted to show interest. He was marking up that part in the photo when I dropped by.

Paul.

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, NHY 581 said: