A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

The best pasties were made by your mother especially if  'er were Cornish!   None of this foreign stuff!

Amazing how we check out this thread to look at train pictures and end up with pasties!

Brian.

How can a Plimuff bey say that Cornish pasties are best!!?? :O De'mshire oggies everytime. :boast:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I do like my vans and I've been looking at adding Kadee No 18s to them especially as they are in the sale at the moment. The older Bachmann/Mainline vans can be done by removing the tension lock lug, file flat the floor and then glue a Parkside Dundas PA34 fitting to suit NEM couplings in place.

These photos are before fitting.

post-126-0-04642200-1462194655_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-85983400-1462194676_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-99150000-1462194695_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

We like vans.

Nice images, Rob.

It struck me how good a home a ventilated van body would make as a layout 'room' in the garden......mmmm

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob

You and Mike had a conversation a couple of days ago about Toad BV lamping in 1947 and 1957. In todays (1947 era) photo your toad has a white rear lamp and a black (two way?) side lamp........is that what I should be doing on Granby......right now I just have rear lamps

Kind regards

Thanks Rob

Are the side lamps on both sides or just the off side (that cant be the correct term!)

John

Time to buy some side lamps then John ;)  

And yes - 'offside' is a correct term although more properly it should be 'right hand side in running' for a freight train.

• RMweb Gold

Time to buy some side lamps then John ;) 

Indeed...... :stinker: .......Bit embarrassing really....I should have just checked my rule book. Rule 120 is pretty unequivocal.

• RMweb Premium

We like vans.

Nice images, Rob.

It struck me how good a home a ventilated van body would make as a layout 'room' in the garden......mmmm

Rob

There are very few about..................................however, there is a Company that will build you a replica (no, not that Replica).

Philth

• RMweb Premium

As you all like vans, here's three big-uns nearing completion:

post-6675-0-93268000-1462222319_thumb.jpg

Don't worry about the absence of a WR van in the line-up...there's a few in the box of kits yet to be made.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Congrats David and Claudio.

Can't understand why having played so well in pursuit Spurs decided to try to kick their way to 3 points. So very glad that my team didn't bow to provocation and answered them in the best way possible.

We didn't win it for you tonight, you did that for yourselves over 38 games. Look forward to welcoming worthy champions to the Bridge in a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

Lovely variety there Kev,I really love those red Begonias.

I can't take any credit for the Begonias, they're my Mum's department. The bare tubers survived the winter in the greenhouse, so I think they'll be appearing in some outdoor photo's again this year.

• RMweb Premium

Not all streamlining is as good as Mr Bullied's

That GWR monstrosity shows just how wrong you can get it...

The Stanier upside down bath tub, LNER Bugatti and Bulleid Airsmoothed approaches are all different but equally iconic. Same can be said for the HST.

• Like 1

Browsing the Hatton's website for Kings I was surprised to find this limited edition that no one has picked up on.

attachicon.gifpost-9751-0-47885100-1460405022.jpeg

I've reluctantly decided that this locomotive would be a better representation of Vardy:

post-9751-0-52963600-1462317158.jpg

Both Greyhounds, relatively lightly built, but both capable of a surprising turn of speed when needed.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Ah yes !

Excellent spot, Rob.

It's from the forth coming train pack ' Flash Gordon saves Bristol Temple Meads '

A lively episode from the Flash Gordon papers. Dale Hardon is captured by the minions of Ming the Merciless. She is imprisoned in an office on platform 2 which is packed with dynamite. Flash commandeers the 11.20 Paddington to Bristol T.M express (S.O ) and, with assistance of Cecil, his attack hamster, executes an audacious rescue in the nick of time. Edge of the seat stuff, I can tell you.

Train pack is complete with a couple of figures including Miss Hardon who wears a very fetching tight fitting twin set with mink effect collar.

Excellent stuff !

Rob.

post-14122-0-93225900-1462339032.jpeg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 1