A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

I've reluctantly decided that this locomotive would be a better representation of Vardy:

attachicon.gifT9.jpg

Both Greyhounds, relatively lightly built, but both capable of a surprising turn of speed when needed.

Ah! But not seen of late as I believe it was sidelined for a few turns ! Humph !

• RMweb Gold

I've reported the streamlined King to the Mods as an offensive image. Hope this helps.

In contrast, the T9 is a thing of beauty.

Certainly that Geoff Cook, Finney kit built one that ran on here was.

• RMweb Gold

That GWR monstrosity shows just how wrong you can get it...

The Stanier upside down bath tub, LNER Bugatti and Bulleid Airsmoothed approaches are all different but equally iconic. Same can be said for the HST.

At least it don't look like a tin of meat. :sarcastic:

• RMweb Premium

Making the picture 7/4ths bigger doesn't count Rob.

Oh Spamalot, will your machine have a Carterwart Tender?

I was hoping that a Tinofgloss T9 might appear at Siton Junction  but somehow that never got sorted. Never mind, I shall have to 'modify' the two that I accidentally found in my loft.

D. Rummond.

• RMweb Premium

Oh Spamalot, will your machine have a Carterwart Tender?

I was hoping that a Tinofgloss T9 might appear at Siton Junction  but somehow that never got sorted. Never mind, I shall have to 'modify' the two that I accidentally found in my loft.

D. Rummond.

Ducky old fruit, that reminds me of a job I've been putting off for some time - the sale of my 4mm stock. Three problems:

1. Time to do it.

2. Can't decide whether it's the right thing to do, even though the only running I've done was two occasions on ANtB.

3. There's quite a few works in progress' which really need finishing but I'd rather spend time on the 7mm stock.

There are however 8 T9s in the collection, far more than I ever need.

Time to be ruthless?

Some of you undoubtedly know this site, but I just found it.  :imsohappy: I especially like the section with the downloadable drawings:

http://www.michaelclemensrailways.co.uk/article/gwr-original-plans-sections/616

Just downloaded the GWR route availability map, and am trying to restore it to a printable version. Will look nice in my mancave...

If anybody is interested in a cleaned up copy, send me a PM and you'll get one when I'm done.

Will do some of the other ones as well, but might take a while...

Edited by Trains&armour
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Ducky old fruit, that reminds me of a job I've been putting off for some time - the sale of my 4mm stock. Three problems:

1. Time to do it.

2. Can't decide whether it's the right thing to do, even though the only running I've done was two occasions on ANtB.

3. There's quite a few works in progress' which really need finishing but I'd rather spend time on the 7mm stock.

Time to be ruthless?

What peroid is your freight stock Chris...

• RMweb Gold

Some of you undoubtedly know this site, but I just found it.  :imsohappy: I especially like the section with the downloadable drawings:

http://www.michaelclemensrailways.co.uk/article/gwr-original-plans-sections/616

Just downloaded the GWR route availability map, and am trying to restore it to a printable version. Will look nice in my mancave...

If anybody is interested in a cleaned up copy, send me a PM and you'll get one when I'm done.

Will do some of the other ones as well, but might take a while...

The map is perfectly clear if you save it as a PDF file

The map is perfectly clear if you save it as a PDF file

There is a difference: The pdf is the accompanying document, the JPG is the map itself!

A great highres scan, and it has it's charms that way as well. If I had the original, I would be more than happy with it's current state and the history of long use that it shows.  But as a downloaded print, I would like a copy without the stains, creases and shadows. These would only be a "false" history.

Edited by Trains&armour

• RMweb Premium

1. Time to do it.

Time to be ruthless?

Chris, if you have time to list your stuff as a file and then mention that that would be available in a PM, on friendly threads like this one and perhaps the Southern Railway Group thread, then I believe you could manage things gently and in your own time. It has worked for other collections from late friend's collections. Fortunately you are not 'late'.

This would give dedicated followers of ANTB and other threads a heads up before you perhaps go to a sales site.

If the works in progress include coach kits don't tell anyone else except me. The others won't know as they never bother finishing reading any of my posts as those have offers of prizes and pictures of Lilly in them.

Lilly Inthem..

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Another view of Chris's vans all fitted with Kadee No. 18s for superb close coupling.I think these are Bachmann.

post-126-0-09062600-1462390080_thumb.jpeg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 12

Congrats on 700 Pages Rob, all good pics as usual.

Too right !

Damn good to get this far considering where it all started eh !!! :)

post-20303-0-83115600-1462399394_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1