A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Am I the only one who thinks that the current craze for Adult Colouring Books is a load of b**ll**cks?

The doctors took my Pl&yboy books away and gave me wax crayons, said I wasn't allowed anything sharp ! :)

• RMweb Premium

Am I the only one who thinks that the current craze for Adult Colouring Books is a load of b**ll**cks?

WTF is an 'adult' colouring book?  Is it what I imagine it might be? If so, yup......bo##ocks and other parts as well I should think.

P

• RMweb Premium

Yes, all Bachmann RTR weathered by Dirty Boy...

Are K18s best for Baccy wagons then? I have no idea what couplings to use and stuff I have from various sources have all sorts of hooks, loops, wires, links, unknown wobbly things and TLs. Total mess really and serves me right for being an ~~~~

P

Are K18s best for Baccy wagons then? I have no idea what couplings to use and stuff I have from various sources have all sorts of hooks, loops, wires, links, unknown wobbly things and TLs. Total mess really and serves me right for being an ~~~~

P

That little list sounds like something you might find in an 'adult' colouring book as well.

• RMweb Gold

Yes, all Bachmann RTR weathered by Dirty Boy...

That needs clarifying.Weathered by a Dirty Boy or weathered by Dirty Boy.....

• RMweb Premium

P

Rob asked s week or so ago and do I dug out some 4mm stock to have a look. On just about all the Bachmann short wheelbase wagons it looks like I used kadee 18s.

• RMweb Premium

That little list sounds like something you might find in an 'adult' colouring book as well.

Ah, so not something for me to do whilst travelling on a train, bus or plane?

Perhaps we should start a show us yous thread related to this innocent pastime?

T. Hart.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ah, so not something for me to do whilst travelling on a train, bus or plane?

Perhaps we should start a show us yous thread related to this innocent pastime?

T. Hart.

Sorry to disappoint you all, but the ones they are selling down here aren't "adult" in that sense. They are simply colouring books designed for adults to use - the idea seems to be linked to "mindfulness" and that sort of carp.

Apologies if my lack of political correctness offends anyone.

Edit - crossed posts with Señor Casso.

Edited by St Enodoc

• RMweb Premium

Dear Monsewer Endock,

Thank you for that informative statement. I'm sure if someone continued to search for adult colouring in they would eventually find something 'unusual'. 

However, now that I know that such an activity as this colouring in can introduce tranquilty and relaxation, I shall send the Staff out immediately to local emporiums to find something wot I can use.

Yours faithfully,

B. Uddah

After having lunch in Paignton earlier this afternoon I bought myself an "Adult Book" , real bargain for £6.99 !

post-20303-0-45717600-1462470219_thumb.jpeg

Just the right era for me :)

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

In my yoof there was Painting By Numbers. A 'drawing' on canvas was supplied and oil paints. The drawing had numbers which corresponded with paints. So you knew to paint the sky blue, for example. This looks like a modern fast equivalent. I note that these days you can get watercolour pencils. You make a drawing and then brush it over with water to make the effect. And something similar with oils, I believe.

Progress.

• RMweb Gold

The designer was clearly a gentleman of great taste and discernment, who also liked a drink of milk.

Several varieties of milk were available including copper top.........