A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I couldn't live with those hideous Hornby couplings so I've glued a Parkside PA 34 NEM socket , packed to clear the bufferbeam to the coach floor.I had to snip the old coupling mount off the bogie to get sufficient clearance but now it's ok to fit a Bachmann/Kadee coupling instead for a much better appearance.

post-126-0-62719800-1462545247_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-55032800-1462545278_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-84850000-1462545468_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

It seems to work without derailing so this will become Kingsbridge No1 eventually. These are the correct diagram for the ones used on the branch.

attachicon.gifDSCN8166.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8167.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN8168.jpg

Isn't it satisfying when you get something that is 'right' such as this was the correct Diagram coach set for the Branch. Excellent end to the week.

I like the neat KDee fitting there Rob. I hadn't realised Parkside did those.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Nice work Robin.

What is the part number for the Kadees used on the BSet please?

Nice work.

Sorry to hesar about the Who Tickets - if it's any compensation I would give you my Kinks ticket for next week but I know it's a long way from your place.  (Kinks minus the Davis boys - still sound fantastic)

I need to get back into seeing these acts - been taking them for granted and now........."perches" and "falling" spring to mind.

Edited by M.I.B

• RMweb Gold

Anyone else disappointed they were not invited to David's (Cary Hill) title party tonight.

post-126-0-22789000-1462647908.jpeg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

What's he trying to eat ?

Is that a bespoke sausage support ?

Rob

• RMweb Gold

I have seen this chap somewhere before.......

post-14122-0-24711400-1462685328.jpg

post-14122-0-12674000-1462685349.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

At least they were able to land a correctly attired decent singer via networking:

attachicon.gifbocelli.jpg

Quite a few people have commented how Andrea Bocelli reduced quite a few grown men to tears yesterday but I actually thought he wasn't too bad..

What do fancy today then David.

Quite a few people have commented how Andrea Bocelli reduced quite a few grown men to tears yesterday but I actually thought he wasn't too bad..

I wouldn't have said "tears" exactly.  Anyway, I thought his name was Sandro?

post-25673-0-06699300-1462696844_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A beautiful morning in Brent sees a quiet period in the down station building.

attachicon.gifDSCN8180.jpg

That looks so real and inviting. An empty station suggests a long wait for the next train so it's a bar of Cadburys fruit and nut from the machine and half an hour on that seat with today's News Chronicle. Shan't bother to weigh myself fully clothed though.

Mike

• Like 5

Something relatively small punching above it's weight .......

A pannier tank on a longish pick up goods with a disparate collection of vans and wagons.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

This time last year I was at the Derby Show. This time this year I'm not, however I am reminded of the splendid latest GWR lamps from Modelu (he is there if you hurry).

Station Shot is great Rob. More of infrastructure please.

The pick up freight is a great idea, however being an ar$e I would prefer a large Prairie (sorry your Hillness).

Argyle 10/3 for the Play Offs..............stupid t**s could have had auto promo if they had been any good. Another season in the wilderness looms sadly.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

This just keeps getting better.

Just needs an occaisional 47XX on an NPCCS or fast van train - when Heljan get their skates on.

Thanks.