A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

In true railway fashion, the Porter hasn't moved for ages; another train has arrived and he's still hanging around his barrow. Unless he's still posing like the staff at Berry Brow station hoping to get his picture taken! The good doctor is back again too; what a constitution he must have! Seriously, lovely shots and great modelling and after all this time its feels as familiar as if I once trod its platforms!

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm not sure that I actually want a 43XX mogul myself, but if I passed one in a dark alley one night, I'd certainly be polite enough to greet it and ask it the time of day.

Time of day ? At night ? In a dark alley ? How's the mogul supposed to see its watch ?

Sometimes, really.....

• RMweb Gold

I thought that was usually a Hall turn.Have you a photo to share Mike ?

I guess these dont count as definitive proof......but I got a like from Mike.......mind you he was probably just being kind

post-465-0-63561400-1489683082_thumb.jpg

post-465-0-21457900-1489683187_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

I thought that was usually a Hall turn.Have you a photo to share Mike ?

Here's one  (top of list) - bigger version available if you click on the pic

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/sis.html?_nkw=GWR%20GRANGE%20CLASS%20LOCO%20NO%206824%20AND%20CASTLE%20LOCO%20NO%207031%20WITH%20UP%20MILK%20TRAIN%20PHOTO&_itemId=252450894073

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As the man said, a Grange rarely offends.

attachicon.gifDSCN0194.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN0195.jpg

As the man said, a Grange rarely offends.

attachicon.gifDSCN0194.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN0195.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN0196.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN0197.jpg

That scene looks more like O gauge! The Grange looks hefty yet the motion realistically delicate.

Your lighting rig is avoiding any harsh shadows and giving a pleasing slightly overcast daylight effect. Armchair loco spotting is a real pleasure!