A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Here's a small prairie which may offend the wallet

http://kingscalelivesteam.co.uk/GWR45XXgauge5.php

Yes, I suppose it's an engineering marvel, and as such may well be worth the money to those with deep pockets.

But isn't it funny that something in 5 inch gauge can look so much less realistic than a 4mm scale version!

John C.

• RMweb Gold

I'll go out and take some photos of the back lanes when the weather is a bit better.

I've heard about people like you...

This might be of interest to those with pre-orders.They might be at Ally Pally to handle.

https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/adecoration-sample-exclusive-and-toad-gets-a-lick-of-paint/

To quote their website........ "through the looking glass to the wonderland that is the Hornby Development Office."

Let's hope so !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can't see where they attach the wings.

Hidden fixings under the running boards, but don't tell everyone as there won't be many left for the most needy.

T.O Tal-Bollox

• Like 1

I had one on Buckfastleigh and thought it pretty cool and it didn't cost a fortune in those days.  That was  quite a nice little proprietary layout, Buckfast to Staverton with the rest of the line eventually joined up behind scenery to provide continuous running.  The stations were built from card, certainly not up to those shown these days, but I was happy with the results.  It was a steam days layout but without the fidelity to era which meant a lot of locos and stock that never went near South Devon, were seen in this unlikely scenario.  Strictly OO DC.

Brian

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I still have one- I removed a 3mm slice from the base of the body, put it back on the running plate and placed it on a brass P4 chassis,

Now redundant having rediscovered 16.5 mm !