A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Interesting chat with Mr Hornby's man at Ally Pally yesterday but alas no good news for likes of those us who follow this thread in its true manor (and ignore peculiar shades of green coming from other places).  With a bit of luck and a  following wind 2019 might have something of interest provided something (of no interest to us) arriving in 2018 does well in the marketplace.  I did make the case for a full brake and the various cries for a restaurant car have been heard but have not produced a result. 

However it seems that things with GWR on them do sell as the green Class 800 whatsit dieseasal thingy is a sell out from the factory

• RMweb Gold

Not a bad looking house - lucky stationmaster. Rent free? What are the blue lines for on the pavement? The UK must have the most colourful streets in the world!Brian.

Fairly sure the blue line is to do with the mapping programe and is not real.

I actually have an alert set up on right move specifically for this house, hoping should it come on the market I can use the estate agents info to assist with my model. This house will form a large part of my scenic brake.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Not a bad looking house - lucky stationmaster. Rent free? What are the blue lines for on the pavement? The UK must have the most colourful streets in the world!Brian.

It's the route line from Google Streetview Brian - not really there.

There are however real multicoloured lines on the pavement in a part of Birmingham leading from the Mailbox shopping center to various parts of the city. They are a fair few years old now and somewhat faded.

• RMweb Premium

I fear the naughty step is going to be a little crowded, so we may have to... fetch... the... the... naughty chair.

What else can one do with such rebellious and provocative children?

Cheers,

BR(W).

Make them read books about the LMS?

Philthg

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

There are however real multicoloured lines on the pavement in a part of Birmingham leading from the Mailbox shopping center to various parts of the city. They are a fair few years old now and somewhat faded.

As is most of that City.......................... :nono:

Ar$e

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Not a bad looking house - lucky stationmaster. Rent free? What are the blue lines for on the pavement? The UK must have the most colourful streets in the world!

Brian.

Definitely not rent free - the only ones that I know of that came rent free were Crossing Keeper's cottages and only then if the Crossing Keeper was required to be available for the 24 hours of the day.  All other railway owned domestic buildings involved payment of rent - certainly in later years - but some of that rent was hardly bank busting and was often deducted from the paybill.

• RMweb Premium

There are still some blue lines on the roads and pavements in Sydney that mark the course of the 2000 Olympics Marathon.

• RMweb Gold

Someone else has had a go at building it once upon a time.If I thought it could work I'd try a low relief version.

post-126-0-74151200-1490625033.jpg

post-126-0-98602100-1490625049.jpg

Prototype.

post-126-0-87673600-1490625186_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Make them read books about the LMS?

Philthg

Oi !

Nothing wrong with that as long as it's ex Midland stuff. None of this Late and Never Washed Railway or the Limp and Yeuchy.......

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Is Brent the new Ashburton ? :jester:

I hope so as my late father was a great fan of Cyril Freezer as he helped him do the electrics [theory] on his layout many years ago. ;)

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Someone else has had a go at building it once upon a time.If I thought it could work I'd try a low relief version.

attachicon.gifBrent model.jpg k.JPG

attachicon.gifBrent model.jpg m.JPG

Prototype.

attachicon.gifStationmaster's house..jpg

I thought Mr Warburton had gone.

This last picture is not up to the ANTB standard.

Edited by Limpley Stoker