Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

bike2steam / A.K.A. Paul

I don't know quite where, or how to put this, but, today, I've been told that Paul has, lately, been suffering from a disease of the spine and is, presently, awaiting corrective surgery.

Paul is a long serving member of this forum and to the railway modelling fraternity, I've always found his friendship, whether as a shop customer, or as a member here, most welcoming,... and one of the most informative.

I wish you Well, PM

I noticed a couple of months ago that Paul had not been active on here for over 6 months. He had helped me considerably previously with some problems regarding remotely connecting surface point motors with brass rodding, and wanted to show him my progress.

I'm sorry to hear he is poorly, and sincerely hope things are such that he gets well again very soon.

Best wishes to you Paul.

Bob

PS...thanks for bringing it to our attention Ceptic, I didn't know he ran a shop.!

• 2 weeks later...

Likewise wishing you all the very best Paul.

I have really appreciated your occasional comments about Bescot and the Black Country, and wonder if you have seen the development of Black Country Blues

Kind regards mate

As a sort of update, I spoke with one of Paul's Blandford Museum colleagues at the Wimborne show, last weekend. He told me that he had heard very little news, other than which I had been given, originally. He added that Paul is / has been in some discomfort and has been unable to sit, or stand, for any length of time.

Fingers crossed, hopefully, Paul has undergone the proposed surgery, and is on the mend.

If he needs any encouragement, he only has to look in on these, your postings.

Cheers all.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for your collective concern, and mostly to Frank ( ceptic) I must apologise for my self enforced absence. Yes I've been having a bit of health trouble with my back, and other things for which I was prescribed certain strong pain-killers the after affects of which made me even less tolerant of fools than I was before. After two minor ops, the last being just over two weeks ago means I no longer need those damned pain-killers, so have allowed myself this return. I knew when I had to call a temporary halt a few months ago when I wrote something in a thread that someone later intermated ( or so I felt then) I was a liar, and that from someone living in Hertfordshire when I was talking about something in my 'backyard'. 

Once again thanks all, but from now on I will be staying more in the back ground than before, but I just had to reply to this kind thread.

BFN.

Archived