Kingswear, Churston and Paignton visitors/news.

Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

Nothing missed Paul!

I've no idea why but it was in the sixties to the seventies. I have a few of their office filing trays.

post-6728-0-30824700-1527342510.jpg

post-6728-0-04149000-1527342537.jpg

Picture shows part of the factory buildings that remain IIRC. There were several scruffy looking metal buildings beyond (down the line).

post-6728-0-39964200-1527342572.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

As a non-GWR fanatic I think it looks rather attractive in blue!

attachicon.gifIMG_20180614_143213_1CS.jpg

A lot of people do - including GW fans. And I like blue on some locos but I don't think it suits the King.

As it seems unlikely to go mainline any time soon, maybe they could put the proper chimney, safety valve bonnet and cab back?

That would greatly improve its looks.

As it seems unlikely to go mainline any time soon, maybe they could put the proper chimney, safety valve bonnet and cab back?

Mentioned elsewhere that some modifications have been made and the owners felt time on the Dartmouth line would be good for testing, thus a guess would be restoring it would defeat the purpose of it being there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Track layout at Kingswear.

The headshunt end of 'Hoodown' siding. On the left are the two short 'Forwards' sidings (there used to be three).

post-6728-0-15222000-1530986157_thumb.jpg

'Kingswear Castle' docking at Town Quay Dartmouth today.

post-6728-0-78869800-1530986459_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Is the blue King in service yet John ?

I am staying in a holiday apartment in Kingswear that is directly opposite the station. I can see all trains coming in/out. I have been here for a week so far and I've not seen the blue King being in service yet. I've seen it sitting in the shed at Paignton station so I'm curious when it will be in service.....

The loco roster for the Dartmouth Steam Railway Kingsbeer Fesitival on Friday 13 - Sunday 15 July is available at https://www.facebook.com/dartmouthrailriver/posts/1935503629827259

Locos are:

• 6023 - All three days
  • L94 - Saturday
  • D7535 - Friday & Saturday evenings

The L94 locomotive was in operation today which came as a surprise. I was in Dartmouth when I saw it across the river, leaving Kingswear station, so I was not able to get some photos in time. Hopefully I'll see it tomorrow 

• RMweb Gold

They need the low kit on it to get it out of Didcot as it's OHL surrounds the site.