"Banks road" 1980 to 2000 traction....

class"66"

1 minute ago, saxokid said:

Im upto about 15 class 47s now Jamie..

Eh... What.... you haven a change of heart Neil... haha lol

I always got you are as a Class 37 type of guy, or do you now have every Class 37 that ever was...lol and now starting on the Class 47's.... still nice to and all part of that same era Neil...

Jamie

• RMweb Premium
On 27/02/2020 at 00:54, saxokid said:

Had few busy months,with moving house but everything back to normal now.

Hows your layout builds coming along?

neil..

I don't envy you their. We have lived here five years soon and we don't intend on moving again any time soon. Have you started putting your layout back up? When we moved here, it took me a good few months to get a new layout up, but the waiting was worth it because I'm happy with how it is. It's coming along nicely thanks, I have put an extension board onto the layout and added some further sidings for rolling stock to be stored in last month which is now pinned down too. I will be posting an update onto my thread about it in due course. I mainly needed this new area just because of the amount of stock I have bought in the last few years and not having enough space in the original yard and sidings. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 01:34, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I don't envy you their. We have lived here five years soon and we don't intend on moving again any time soon. Have you started putting your layout back up? When we moved here, it took me a good few months to get a new layout up, but the waiting was worth it because I'm happy with how it is. It's coming along nicely thanks, I have put an extension board onto the layout and added some further sidings for rolling stock to be stored in last month which is now pinned down too. I will be posting an update onto my thread about it in due course. I mainly needed this new area just because of the amount of stock I have bought in the last few years and not having enough space in the original yard and sidings. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Yer im rebuilding most of the home layout,realy need to post on here more updates.

I post a lot of new stuff on the fb railway groups...

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, saxokid said:

Yer im rebuilding most of the home layout,realy need to post on here more updates.

I post a lot of new stuff on the fb railway groups...

I can't wait to see what you have been up to. I will keep a look out. 

37401 in Large Logo & 37800 in Europhoenix/Rail Operations Group livery both look superb by Bachmann. I didn't buy 401 just because it isn't the updated 2020 version. I also didn't buy 800 because Accurascale have announced a new range of OO 37s. Have you seen the new announcements? You can find their announcements on here under the manufacturers thread and via their website. I'm still deciding which new 37s to buy. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

23 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

I can't wait to see what you have been up to. I will keep a look out. 

37401 in Large Logo & 37800 in Europhoenix/Rail Operations Group livery both look superb by Bachmann. I didn't buy 401 just because it isn't the updated 2020 version. I also didn't buy 800 because Accurascale have announced a new range of OO 37s. Have you seen the new announcements? You can find their announcements on here under the manufacturers thread and via their website. I'm still deciding which new 37s to buy. 

Thank you. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Thanks Danny ,

ive got few New 37s in now,wil post up this week..

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, saxokid said:

Thanks Danny ,

ive got few New 37s in now,wil post up this week..

Can't wait to see which ones you have bought. I have quite a few now and some are still new in their boxes because I don't have the capacity to have so many on the layout at once, along with other classes of loco. Most of mine are the DRS versions just well because you know how much I like DRS traction. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Can't wait to see which ones you have bought. I have quite a few now and some are still new in their boxes because I don't have the capacity to have so many on the layout at once, along with other classes of loco. Most of mine are the DRS versions just well because you know how much I like DRS traction. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Yer ive now got both the new euro 37800 and Colas 37/5 37521...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Yer ive now got both the new euro 37800 and Colas 37/5 37521...

Colas 37521 & 37099 waiting on the freight yard for another freight collection...

thumbnail_IMG_1152.jpg

37521& 37099 waiting for another job of the day...

thumbnail_IMG_1149.jpg

That's brilliant mate and these are excellent photos. 

I'm really liking your subtle weathering to the chassis and snowploughs etc on the Colas 37s. It works really well because it presents them as used and looked after at the same time, with the day to day grime gradually gathering. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

That's brilliant mate and these are excellent photos. 

I'm really liking your subtle weathering to the chassis and snowploughs etc on the Colas 37s. It works really well because it presents them as used and looked after at the same time, with the day to day grime gradually gathering. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Yer ive noticed colas tend to keep there locos little more clean at times,

so ive gone for light chassis weathering only on them Danny..

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, saxokid said:

Yer ive noticed colas tend to keep there locos little more clean at times,

so ive gone for light chassis weathering only on them Danny..

It's a really good choice. The Colas, West Coast, HNRC, Europhoenix/ROG 37s are all kept pretty clean. It's the DRS 37s that get mucky especially during the RHTT seasons where they are rarely cleaned and the muck gathers week on week. 

It's interesting though because I know this and most of my 37s are DRS but I haven't had any of them weathered. Personally I think I just prefer pristine locos and where possible really clean in ex works condition as per DRS 37s after overhaul. 

At the same time though whenever I see other people's weathering on their locos, they do look good. 

The weathering on 37418 looks excellent, especially around the exhaust port and on top of the fan. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...