"Banks road" 1980 to 2000 traction....

class"66"

Hi Neil

Great photos mate... off with Peter to Hartlepool for a show on Saturday & Sunday with the full length of Glen Gillie, so if anyone is there come and say 'Hi'...

Had a great weekend to on the ELR on Sunday with my family...

Jamie

Hi Neil

Great photos mate... off with Peter to Hartlepool for a show on Saturday & Sunday with the full length of Glen Gillie, so if anyone is there come and say 'Hi'...

Had a great weekend to on the ELR on Sunday with my family...

Jamie

Not been very well my mate,trying to get over chest/throat infection....

• RMweb Premium

I am not a fan of diesel layouts, especially when the words 'traction" and TMD are involved, because most of them are just sheds with lots of sound locos plonked in front in a "look what I have got" style.

But this is very very different.  Detail, depth and quality.  Well done, especially for modelling things which get missed like pylons.  And I am envious of the scenic'd fiddle yard - the finish on that alone is better than may layouts.

One comment - the 1940s "pill-box" needs to be rotated 180 degrees - the firing slits would have afforded at least a 100m uninterrupted vision.  Yours are 10 feet away from a 1930s house.  Spin it round and it could be covering down an unseen canal, or covering some once open wasteland now covered in Wimpey/Barratt/Persimmon boxes.

I am not a fan of diesel layouts, especially when the words 'traction" and TMD are involved, because most of them are just sheds with lots of sound locos plonked in front in a "look what I have got" style.

But this is very very different.  Detail, depth and quality.  Well done, especially for modelling things which get missed like pylons.  And I am envious of the scenic'd fiddle yard - the finish on that alone is better than may layouts.

One comment - the 1940s "pill-box" needs to be rotated 180 degrees - the firing slits would have afforded at least a 100m uninterrupted vision.  Yours are 10 feet away from a 1930s house.  Spin it round and it could be covering down an unseen canal, or covering some once open wasteland now covered in Wimpey/Barratt/Persimmon boxes.

Cheers for the kind comments M.I.B :no:  ile have fiddle with the pillbox,on my nexted club night.... :locomotive:

• Like 1

Hi Neil and to Stavros

Great photos dude, You never told me about the Diesel Gala you were having at Banks Road... Good turn out of 37's, funney I was with my dad the other day, and we were walking and he swore blind he could hear cl37's in the distance... I guess these were those on  the way to Banks Road... lol

Great work mate...

Jamie

PS Hartlepool was great mate...

Hi Neil and to Stavros

Great photos dude, You never told me about the Diesel Gala you were having at Banks Road... Good turn out of 37's, funney I was with my dad the other day, and we were walking and he swore blind he could hear cl37's in the distance... I guess these were those on  the way to Banks Road... lol

Great work mate...

Jamie

PS Hartlepool was great mate...

Glad to here you had good model show!!

Going on railtour upto skeggy tomorrow,behind to DRS 20s,cant wait :no: ........

Hi Neil

Did Stav go on the Trip to...?

Hope you had a good DRS day mate, and great photo updates to bud...

Jamie