The Shed - alterations to an 0 gauge micro layout

rcf

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the continued interest guys. Nothing to report I'm afraid on the modelling front as other things have been taking priority but The Shed still exists, which is not bad for me, and will be making an appearance at the Taunton show on the 21/22 October.

regards Rob.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

As a follow up to my last post I have been getting TS ready for the Taunton show. I thought it was looking a little tired so have touched up some of the paintwork which had had various knocks at shows. The grass was also looking as though it had been subject of a prolonged drought so have re-vitalised those areas with some new grass. Finally looking at the shed itself I felt that it looked as though it has only recently been built rather than coming to the end of a long hard life, so have added a little ageing, nothing to obvious but I think it looks better in my opinion. so everything is now looking good for the show.

Rob

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing 'The Shed' at Taunton!

Hi Richard,

Its a new venue for me and the furthest TS has been from home so it will be good to see a familiar face.

Rob

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just been collecting the various bits and pieces and dusting off The Shed in preparation for the Plymouth Show on Saturday. It is in the Abbey Hall and open from 10.00 to 4.00, so please make yourself known if going.

Rob

• 10 months later...
On 11/09/2017 at 14:32, rcf said:

will be making an appearance at the Taunton show on the 21/22 October...

Really really beautiful modelling Rob

I saw this gorgeous photo and realised that behind the shed wall there could be a line running parallel serving a private siding (inspired by New Osney) creating scope to fiddle both ends for through running with the rhs stage exit conveniently concealed by the shed. I'm sure passing drivers would stop for a chin wag over the wall...

image.png.206557704ecd2b5950e0f7a7dc5402fb.png

image.png.eae4d0b2e7fce6ebffd8332126949911.png

Edited by dpaws
  • Like 3

Thanks for posting that video dpaws. It seems a long time ago that I was at Taunton, a most enjoyable show, and it is good to see the results  from one of the photographers, which as an exhibitor you see in front of the layout and you often wonder what the results turn out like.

Your comment on a possible variation to The Shed with an industrial line to the rear of the shed is certainly an interesting idea, that I hadn't thought of, but now you have got me thinking, which I shouldn't really be doing as I already have a half finished New Osney which hasn't progressed much in several months. However, once these ideas are lodged they can be difficult to get rid of!

Best wishes Rob

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It's my pleasure Rob - sadly not my own media but I couldn't resist a google once you'd mentioned the show. The B&W photos are absolutely beautiful, I wish I'd taken them myself.

I started to think about the rear siding as an over-grown head shunt that served a fan of goods sidings beyond stage left, but then the thought of a passing through train with viewers tip-toeing to peep over the wall just tickled me... 

Thank you so much for inspiring us mere mortals with ideas that are indeed very difficult to get rid of, especially the ones crammed full of your particular brand of 7mm "je ne sais quoi" magic! 

Edited by dpaws
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Always enjoy a flick through this thread. Excellent, inspiring modelling at its best. 

What capacity does your sector plate have? Is it just enough for a loco or is it a loco plus x amount of wagons? 

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/05/2020 at 10:33, 1722 said:

Always enjoy a flick through this thread. Excellent, inspiring modelling at its best. 

What capacity does your sector plate have? Is it just enough for a loco or is it a loco plus x amount of wagons? 

Thanks

Hi Chris, apologies for not spotting your post earlier. Thank you for your comments and yes, the sector plate will only take a loco. Ideally it would have been better if it had capacity for a wagon as well but there simply wasn't enough space for anything bigger. Good to hear from you,

regards Rob

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rcf said:

Hi Chris, apologies for not spotting your post earlier. Thank you for your comments and yes, the sector plate will only take a loco. Ideally it would have been better if it had capacity for a wagon as well but there simply wasn't enough space for anything bigger. Good to hear from you,

regards Rob

Not a problem Rob. Thanks for your response. Most useful and good for thought.