Silent Hill

Marcyg

WOW, Photobucket is really annoying. So many adds trying to load at the same time makes it a stressful time using the site.

A long over due update. Many things have happened, most good, some not so good, and some totally baffling. It lives! A full circuit was completed by Mallard not long after the last update. She was the first loco I had waaaay back in 1988, so she had the honours of pulling the first train through the layout.

IMG_1247_zpszyavxqcy.jpg

Things have been going at a steady pace since. The Up Main was finished not long after the down. And now the Relief is up and running too. It's all been hooked up just to run trains, with no thought to the final wiring design. That will happen once all the track is laid and I can start building the panel.

IMG_1241_zps2qkggfe0.jpg

Down Main Fiddle yard

IMG_1242_zpsp3ez8fvh.jpg

Test train on the Bi-directional loop. This sits behind the Up Main fiddle yard, which you can see the tracks in the forground.

The next few pics show me trying to work out how the freight and Birmingham branch yards will fit in. I still havn't perfected the Station end, and this is giving me all sorts of headaches. If I get the point work right, the curves are too tight, if the curves are ok, I loose too much space with the point work. This is why I never planned the yard, as I never had somewhere big enough to try it out until now.

IMG_1252_zpsd3oqmgdb.jpg

IMG_1251_zpsobl5vquh.jpg

IMG_1250_zpsft7zolya.jpg

IMG_1286_zpsqpuefsn1.jpg

IMG_1287_zpscdbikddg.jpg

The junction. Now fully operational on the main line side. Seems funny seeing it now after 14 years planning!

IMG_1285_zpsgypczwne.jpg

The final view from the station end. It also shows all the crap that seems to collect on a layout under construction.

Hopefully I'll have time to put another update in soon as the layout has moved on even from when these pics were taken

Edited by Marcyg
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Layout is slowly progressing. I’ve encountered an issue with the dcc supply. I’ll put a post up in the relevant section in the coming days, but any help would be welcome.

9FDF6CD0-65CA-4385-BDDF-BE20E3DF58BA.jpeg

CF833F1D-FA16-458E-8C03-EB12E3FD4EFC.jpeg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...