22 minutes ago, clogger said:

Fantastic layout having seen it a couple times and it seems to get better every time. Just a quick question. What was a LNER Azusa doing at Basingstoke?

The question more is what were two 9 car Azuma doing in Basingstoke - a long 18 coach train!! 

New possibilities for Waterloo to Exeter :jester:

• Round of applause 1

23 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

New possibilities for Waterloo to Exeter :jester:

How I wish 

The Azuma’s are on acceptance test from Acton to Stoke Gifford (think they have to run so many hours trouble free before into traffic). They are berthed at Eastleigh and are crewed by GBRf drivers.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

31 minutes ago, Melangoose said:

How I wish 

The Azuma’s are on acceptance test from Acton to Stoke Gifford (think they have to run so many hours trouble free before into traffic). They are berthed at Eastleigh and are crewed by GBRf drivers.

Who knows what might come later - a 9 car unit to replace 6 car 159s - that would promote a lift in the line.

Maybe something for a Meridian even seeing as a bi-mode would be wasted.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Was great to finally see this layout last weekend at the REC exhibition. Thanks for coming.

What a fantastic little layout, lots of inspiration to fuel my desire to build a small shunting layout.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

I need to get out more, St David’s didn’t used to look like that.

Paul.

That's what I thought, I was last there in about 89, that's 1989, before anyone say's anything else, haha

Bloomin eck, 30 Years ago, when I lived at Buckfastleigh and had my Video and Record shop opposite the Ratio Factory.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Melangoose said:

I was at Exeter St David’s when the St Blazey to Exeter Riverside, China Clay train went through. I did think to myself, how many of those wagons started their journey at Melangoose. LOL

Hi

Thanks for posting the video.....

Apart from not recognising the view apart from the station signage it does raise a question or two......

Isn't that a GBRF loco......

If so ,why?

My Grandson had been saying that he'd heard that there were other loco's apart from 66's on the Cornish Clay workings including 56's but implied it was Colas loco's......

Any info greatly appreciated.....

Cheers Bill

24 minutes ago, treggyman said:

Hi

Thanks for posting the video.....

Apart from not recognising the view apart from the station signage it does raise a question or two......

Isn't that a GBRF loco......

If so ,why?

My Grandson had been saying that he'd heard that there were other loco's apart from 66's on the Cornish Clay workings including 56's but implied it was Colas loco's......

Any info greatly appreciated.....

Cheers Bill

DB have 7 Maritime locos at the moment (with more to follow), GB have the one. The only recent class 56 to Cornwall was a Colas one to fetch a railvac from Fowey for Network Rail. DB have the clay, so it's safely 66s only!

On 19/09/2019 at 15:30, Melangoose said:

A couple of small video’s and a large one from last weekends entertainment.

Pics and videos of Melangoose are very nice, hopefully manage to catch it at a show some time. It nicely represents a slice of something bigger.

Jo

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Steadfast said:

DB have 7 Maritime locos at the moment (with more to follow), GB have the one. The only recent class 56 to Cornwall was a Colas one to fetch a railvac from Fowey for Network Rail. DB have the clay, so it's safely 66s only!

Pics and videos of Melangoose are very nice, hopefully manage to catch it at a show some time. It nicely represents a slice of something bigger.

Jo

Hi

Thanks for the reply....

Yes Melangoose's layout looks great & I to hope to see it in the flesh one day.....

The only reason I'd thought that it was a GBRF loco was that I'd been following Big Jim's thread & one was pictured there so had wrongly assumed they were GBRF Loco's not another company's loco.

Cheers Bill

• 7 months later...

I was lucky to film this on my phone at Red Cow Crossing,  so I though that I would share with you.  I did make me think of Melangoose, which is in deep hibernation at the moment.  Also can be seen the progress with the huge GWR depot.  Enjoy

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Melangoose said:

I was lucky to film this on my phone at Red Cow Crossing,  so I though that I would share with you.  I did make me think of Melangoose, which is in deep hibernation at the moment.  Also can be seen the progress with the huge GWR depot.  Enjoy

Hi Nigel, for the uninitiated, where is Red Cow Crossing please?

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

East end of Exeter St David’s, where Exeter Middle SB was until mid 80s.

”I know, I was there.”

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Sorry Andrew, I should have said it was Exeter St David’s.  The phone video was taken in the car park there which is a great place to observe the trains at the east end of the station.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

East end of Exeter St David’s, where Exeter Middle SB was until mid 80s.

”I know, I was there.”

Paul.

4 hours ago, Melangoose said:

Sorry Andrew, I should have said it was Exeter St David’s.  The phone video was taken in the car park there which is a great place to observe the trains at the east end of the station.

Cheers Guys, Yeah, I thought it was, as I've been there, done that several times.

It was Sidings tother to the right, and the Depot entrance to the left side when I was last there.:good:

• 5 weeks later...