• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Had a great weekend at DEMU Sutton Coldfield, thank you to Guy and the DEMU team.  Also a big thanks to Steve for helping me and bringing some excellent and appropriate stock.

249A5632-535A-4CE4-B7D8-C1D6C0C552E3.jpeg

Edited by Melangoose
  • Like 8

It is always lovely to see more of Melangoose!

As a former WT man back in the day, it really does hit a lot of sweet spots for me 

Not the least of which is that those WT times in Cornwall are now twenty years ago or thereabouts!!

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Melangoose said:

With the NEC Exhibition just over a week away (we are Stand E7), time for a hoover and clean those tracks to run some trains.

Back to back with Deadmans Lane - E2. 

Look forward to the weekend.

• Like 2

66125 did the honours of the last collection of the “White Stuff” before the layout is disassembled for Fridays trip to the West Midlands.  66125 was a spare loco bought for Wyvern Road, when I say spare it’s because initially there was the running problems with the Hattons Class 66.    Saying that once the running is sorted they kind of turn into the best locos in the fleet.

They are also very delicate and pick it up in the wrong place and you have a hand full of detailing parts.  Which kind of put me of having these as part of the Melangoose fleet which would be regularly handled at Shows.  But 66125 debuted at DEMU Sutton Coldfield (as an experiment) and now I couldn’t live without it on Melangoose.

A068BE44-3D80-49E4-A26A-A738242321FF.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

Love this layout.

It inspired me to built a small layout of my own.

Much though I love it, it wouldn't have held enough interest for me fitted into the I have at home to replicate the idea. Sorry.

So, along with some inspiration from another little layout seen at Lydd Rail a couple of years back, I built Elbow Lane.

So. Thanks for building Melangoose. Will say hello on Sunday.

Dave.

Edited by dasatcopthorne
  • Thanks 1