Taunton Members weekend event 2013 - IMPORTANT - Saturday evening meal arrangements

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Dear All,

The Saturday evening meal arrangements prior to the show on the Sunday will be a little different this year, due to various circumstances. The date applicable is Saturday 27th April 2013.

Due to a complete internal rebuild after flood damage last Christmas, the pub we have previously gone to - The Cross Keys at Norton Fitzwarren - can no longer accommodate a group of the size I am expecting, certainly not all in the same part of the pub, let alone at the same table. We had around 25 last year, and this would have meant that we would have been accommodated in 2 or 3 groups, all separated from each other and sat in different parts of the pub.

For this reason, I have decided to fall back on the worthy 'reserve option', and have now made arrangements for a group table at The Lethbridge, Bishops Lydeard - http://www.thelethbridgebishopslydeard.com/

This will be very convenient, in fact, given that we will have spent the previous 2 hours (after getting off the train from Minehead) in the Taunton MRG's premises on Bishops Lydeard station, playing with Bath Green Park. 'The Lethbridge' is a mere 5 mins walk from the station, and has itself been very nicely refurbished in the couple of years.

The pub have confirmed that we have a large table (provisionally for 20, but we can always add more), but in view of this large reservation, they would like a deposit of £5 per head (obviously deductable from our final food bill). I appreciate that this is a bit of a departure from previous arrangements, but I'm convinced that the combination of good quality food & drink and very convenient location makes 'The Lethbridge' a winner for us.

This is how it needs to work, with your kind cooperation!

- I will post menu details in this thread (once received from the pub) in the next 24 hours or so

- Once you have decided what your menu choice is (this makes sense, as we all get to eat a lot earlier than otherwise), please contact the pub direct on 01823 433467 and ask for Bea

- Please tell Bea:

i) the fact that you are a member of the RMWeb group for Saturday 27/4/13

ii) your name

iii) your menu choice(s)

iv) please either pay your £5 deposit over the phone there and then or make mutually agreeable alternative arrangements

- please then PM me to confirm to me that you are attending the Sat evening group and have made the necessary arrangements with The Lethbridge (or alternatively just mention the fact on this thread)

I hope that this makes sense to everyone and I apologise to anyone who finds the idea of the £5 deposit inconvenient, but I'm sure that 'The Lethbridge' will prove to be a comfortable and convivial venue.

Many thanks.

• RMweb Gold

I hope that this makes sense to everyone and I apologise to anyone who finds the idea of the £5 deposit inconvenient, but I'm sure that 'The Lethbridge' will prove to be a comfortable and convivial venue.

Many thanks.

Seems a fine alternative venue to me, I will make the necessary call to Bea once you post the menu.

I assume there is parking at the pub as although close to the station the main station car park closes shortly after the last train and space on the TMRG's side is limited?

• RMweb Gold

OK folks, sorry for the delay in getting these menus up, but the e-mail from the pub got lost in the ether, due to an incorrect spelling...!

Anyway, please make your choices and inform Bea on the pub number 01823 433467, hopefully sorting out your deposit at the same time. Alternatively, you can do this by e-mail if you so wish - thelethbridge@gmail.com (mark the e-mail: FAO Bea, re RMWeb/Maddocks party booking on Saturday 27/4/13). If you choose to do this by e-mail, bear in mind that you'll need to advise your card number, expiry date and 3 figure security code.

As per the OP, please also PM me when you've placed your order and sorted out your deposit, not because I want to know what you'll be eating (I don't!!), but I do need to know re overall numbers. We currently have a booking for 20, but my gut feel is that this could well be exceeded, and we really will need to tell the pub in advance, if this is the case.

Many thanks.

post-57-0-73335700-1365351341_thumb.jpg

post-57-0-67624300-1365351356_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Dear All,

I've just checked with the pub and there are still a small number of people who haven't yet ordered their food and given card details for a deposit. I've PM'd or telephoned all concerned by way of a reminder, but please can anyone additional who wishes to join the party, contact Bea at the pub before 1600 hrs tomorrow (Thurs). Any orders received by the pub later than that cannot be guaranteed, or alternatively you may get what you want, but rather later in the evening than the rest of us!

All those who have, or who will be passing card details to the pub by way of a deposit, please note that the pub isn't actually debiting the card for an actual deposit at this stage. The giving of the card is in case of a no-show, in which case the £5 will be deducted. If you turn up (as I sincerely hope all those who have put their names down to me will!), then you will need to pay the full cost of the meal on Saturday night, unless you've paid a £5 deposit in cash (and presumably you will have to be local to have done so).

Many thanks.

Archived