"Modelling the Southern"

I haven't seen any reviews or even a mention of this new(ish) book published by Kevin Robertson.Must say, I found it a cracking read and would have thought it could be very useful to the aspiring Southern Modeller.Vol 2 is available for pre- order from Amazon at a couple of quid under retail price.I suppose I have to add a usual disclaimer but let's face it, books on Southern modelling are not exactly common and IMHO this'un is good'un!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tim,

Unsurprisingly I make reference to the book on my blog here  I do agree with you that it is a good read with lots of useful information.

As you say volume two is in preparation, which reminds me I need to send some information and Images to Jeremy (who is also a regular posted here on Rmweb) for inclusion.

Many thanks for the reply Graham, sorry I overlooked your blog! Best wishes, Tim.

Hi Tim,

Unsurprisingly I make reference to the book on my blog here  I do agree with you that it is a good read with lots of useful information.

As you say volume two is in preparation, which reminds me I need to send some information and Images to Jeremy (who is also a regular posted here on Rmweb) for inclusion.

• 1 month later...

An update for interested parties- having received several Emails from Amazon advising of delays, I telephoned Kevin Robertson, the publisher, who tells me that Jeremy English hasn't finished writing it yet!! New date (from Amazon) September.Should be worth the wait!

Also look at "The Southern Way" from Kevin Robertson. A quarterly that has a large amount of Southern prototype material.

Unfortunately not enough LSWR/Withered arm as I would wish but otherwise an excellent journal equal but with a different flavor to the Great Western Journal from Wild Swan.

• 6 years later...