Models stolen in Bolton

Jenny

I read your post about the first breakin and i'm truly sorry for all the hurt they have caused you. Because of my job I refrained from commenting, but since you posted that they broke in again I have to agree with everything you have done and what everyone has said.

I have been a Senior Prison Officer for the past 23 years and have seen every type of thieving, murdering scum pass through the prison gates. Unfortunately for you, some thieving scum broke in to your shed to pinch anything that was easy to steal and sell for probably drugs. Because you had lots of small items it will have made it easier for them to carry and to pass on. They will not have realised the true value and undoubtably they will have returned to smash up your layout as a laugh, as anyone who has a hobby or interest in anything that does not involve drink, drugs, crime or violence is seen by them as been soft, nerdish and pathetic.

It is they who are pathetic as they are small minded and who only live for today and not tomorrow and who only think of themselves and no one else. What ever you do don't let them put you off your modelling, get back in the shed and fix your layout. You'll have to make your shed more secure, but the feeling of getting on with your layout will be far greater than letting them think they have won.

Unfortunately for me the thieving scum have won the day as after 23 years I have decided to hang up my keys and accept the redundancy that is being offered, as the lunatics are now running the assylum. Especially when the prisoners have more rights that Prison Officers.

Don't let them get you down keep battling on you are doing all the right things trying to get your models back.

Good Luck

Regards

Chris

Jenny

I read your post about the first breakin and i'm truly sorry for all the hurt they have caused you. Because of my job I refrained from commenting, but since you posted that they broke in again I have to agree with everything you have done and what everyone has said.

I have been a Senior Prison Officer for the past 23 years and have seen every type of thieving, murdering scum pass through the prison gates. Unfortunately for you, some thieving scum broke in to your shed to pinch anything that was easy to steal and sell for probably drugs. Because you had lots of small items it will have made it easier for them to carry and to pass on. They will not have realised the true value and undoubtably they will have returned to smash up your layout as a laugh, as anyone who has a hobby or interest in anything that does not involve drink, drugs, crime or violence is seen by them as been soft, nerdish and pathetic.

It is they who are pathetic as they are small minded and who only live for today and not tomorrow and who only think of themselves and no one else. What ever you do don't let them put you off your modelling, get back in the shed and fix your layout. You'll have to make your shed more secure, but the feeling of getting on with your layout will be far greater than letting them think they have won.

Unfortunately for me the thieving scum have won the day as after 23 years I have decided to hang up my keys and accept the redundancy that is being offered, as the lunatics are now running the assylum. Especially when the prisoners have more rights that Prison Officers.

Don't let them get you down keep battling on you are doing all the right things trying to get your models back.

Good Luck

Regards

Chris

The only winners these days seem to be the Human Rights touting lawyers who actually bring what was once a proper profession into disrepute. Society loses because the scum continue to be sheltered by a strange system that is afraid to make any punishment fit the crime. The criminals are not made to change their ways and so continue to have no respect for normal members of society; drugs seem to be readily available everywhere and making them legal will not stop the addiction that is the reason for their anti-sociable behaviour. That prisoners have any rights amazes me - they should have forfeited them upon conviction!

As most politicians are graduates with a degree in politics and law, perhaps they all now need to be discarded (dismissed) and people actually representing our Average Citizen elected in their place. Westminster seems only to perpetuate the culture of greed and irresponsibility (mirrored in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast) where the expression "snouts in the trough" seems to apply in place of real Public Service.

Signed - Just another very sad old codger whose ramblings will be derided by politicians of all persuasions (and many civil servants) as not relevant, out of touch and not politically correct!

What really worries me is that someone from this forum may have had something to do with this. I do really hope not, and that our support can be of some help

Ed

Of course that is a possibility but I do not think it is much of a probability! Surely RMWeb contributors are sickened that it could just as easily have happened to them? My house has been burgled twice in 25+ years and I know how depressing it is.

What really worries me is that someone from this forum may have had something to do with this. I do really hope not, and that our support can be of some help

Ed

I doubt that Ed, as somehow I can't see the perpetrators sitting at home logged-onto RmWeb. As Jenny has said above, she was very careful not to draw attention to her shed and its location. However, if there were no other break-ins to other sheds in the area, thenthat might indicate something different.

do not follow the advice of the Daily Mail readers on this forum but let the police deal with things.

A stereotypical assumption as accurate as the belief that railway enthusiasts are all socially inadequate nerds, who rarely wash and feature well up on the autistic spectrum.

Another suggestion is, despite the urge to take revenge, you do not follow the advice of the Daily Mail readers on this forum but let the police deal with things.

Ref post 162. Clive has indicated to me that he would have preferred the extract I quoted to have been the sentence in full. I am happy to oblige.

It's understandable that people want to visit violent retribution on those who have violated their homes and precious possessions, and I suppose that imagining oneself carrying this out helps in dealing with the anger and frustration. The only time I've been in a position to even attempt such an action was when I found myself pursuing a thief who'd snatched my wife's bag in the Paris Metro. I was too blinded with rage to realise what a dangerous position I was putting myself in, or even to think of shouting “Arrêtez! Voleur!” - I just wanted to get my hands on him, though goodness knows why I thought I stood a chance against a streetwise Parisien criminal. Luckily, I lost him in the underground corridors, and wandered back unhappily to a telling-off from Liz “What if you had cornered him? Didn't it occur to you that he would be carrying a knife?”

A few years later, we were burgled; Liz heard the burglar as he left and phoned the police. A patrol in the area were notified, stopped a motorist driving out of our estate and found our VCR on the back seat. Result! Thank you the South Yorkshire Constabulary! The coppers were pleased at catching red-handed someone they'd been after for some time, and we got our VCR back. Of course that mattered far less than the relief from the psychological trauma that we would otherwise have suffered.

I hope that those who have invaded Jenny's life in this way are caught and dealt with in a lawful and appropriate manner, by a court able to appreciate fully the distress caused by the malefactors.

My best wishes, Jenny.

MNany thanks for all the kind words and even kinder offers. The shed is boarded up until the insurance assessor comes on Monday. Until then I can't face looking in there and will take some time away from the model. 

It seems that the scum were attracted by the caravan and made that their first target last week. The shed was an afterthought when they found nothing to steal in the caravan. The visit on Sunday night was an attempt to steal more of the models. They were so blinded by their greed that they tried everything to get into the shed then presumably were vindictive with the model when they realised that I had removed everything of value. They still stole a number of kits that were mostly glued to the layout as part of the scenery. I guess it made the thought of not stealing something made them want to blub. 

Shocking to read of another break in. Quite simply speechless. An old neighbour of mine was broken into a few years ago and had most of her electricals taken. It seems they were keeping watch as when the insurance company paid out a few weeks later they came back and stole those too - unless it was pure coincidence. I've also heard of thieves telling other thieves of easy pickings by way of street signals, mostly painted or marked symbols of some kind outside the house. This could explain why some properties are burgled multiple times over short periods.

I don't model 4mm but I've somehow ended up with a couple Dapol kits. I'm making the Drewry shunter during quiet times at the office (pics below) but I have a brand new and untouched Railbus that you are very welcome to - not exactly finescale but it may take your mind off things for a while. Let me know by PM if you're interested and I'll pop it in the post.

Steve

post-11337-0-24265700-1366076170_thumb.jpg

post-11337-0-91300700-1366076178_thumb.jpg

Only just picked up on this topic ........ OMG Jenny you must be devastated I could not begin to imagine how i would feel if my layout was damaged in such a way. Its bad enough if you damage something by accident that has taken ages to build but to have it trashed by 'lowlifes' is the terrible.  I know pure anger and rage would be flowing though my body if I were in your position Jenny especally if you feel that they are local to your home. I do wonder if you are a target of some bast##ds that just enjoy making peoples life a misery in the local area .....

Like everyone who has posted on this topic I do hope that they are caught but unfortunatley it does'nt repair the layout ,  

• RMweb Premium

The visit on Sunday night was an attempt to steal more of the models.

Which shows how stupid they must be if they thought that the ones they did'nt get first time

would still be in the same place .

Jenny , like everyone else I'm gutted to read about this , Lets hope that they get caught .

Many thanks for the more offers. I feel humbled again at how much other modellers have rallied around me. Thanks for the offers for the Dapol 04. I'm not too bothered to replace it really as it was something in my scrap box for a good many years. However, I'd be grateful if people can keep a look out for it as there can't be too many in derelict condition with the TOPS number 04019. Hopefully it could be the item that gets the scum caught. 

Many thanks for all the kind words and even kinder offers. The shed is boarded up until the insurance assessor comes on Monday. Until then I can't face looking in there and will take some time away from the model. 

The phrase Illegitimi non carborundum seems particularly appropriate.  

Having watched your most recent video, it is bad, but it could have been worse. Seeing what they did to the door, you might have met them. They have made a mess of a lot of the structures and particularly the signals, but the track and wiring does not look too bad. Once the assessor has been, it sounds like time for some retail therapy so that you can get something running again.

One of the things to think about might be ways to shift the more valuable rolling stock back into the house between operating sessions.

I shall be looking forward to seeing a video of "the first train" - a bit like the Bluebell Line, but without signalling or chimney pots on the surrounding buildings :smileclear:.

Best wishes

Eric       

I've been thinking about practical deterrents as opposed to the general mood in favour of crucifixion which, although attractive, is unlikely to receive statutory support.

With all the Benefit reform, it might be an avenue to be explored.

If some young scrotes decide on a life of crime instead of work, I can't see why the Benefit system should support them in their endeavours.

Perhaps parents would pay more attention if there was withdrawal of benefit relating to their waste-of-space offspring.

If they escalate their despicable activities as a result then more immediate punishment could be considered.

Stocks and rocks spring to mind.

A load of model railway stuff has turned up at our local auction house according to my dad, I've not had a close look myself but you never know - http://www.bidspotter.co.uk/forms/TimedAuctionList.php?eventid=1900&page=16&totalpages=31&totalrecords=606&ExRate=&refreshTime=0

Good luck with whatever you decide, I look forward to seeing either a new layout or a rebuild at an even higher standard

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said to be honest.

I think most of us think of exacting our revenge as we know for a fact the courts are incapable of giving appropriate punishment, more likely a "naughty naughty don't do that again, run along now". A couple of people I know have said the police often get frustrated with the CPS and courts themselves, having put in time and effort to catch these people then see them let off with a slap on the wrist.

I am another whose opinion is once convicted of a crime you've waived your rights to anything.

I get the impression that the Police are as frustrated as the rest of us. The 'off the record' advice from some of the Police was the use of carpet grippers and nails hammered through plywood as they wouldn't be bothered too much if scrotes got what they deserved.

I've just posted a reward for information resulting in recovery of the items and/or information leading to a conviction. It's not that I want the stuff back now that it has probably been damaged, but that I want the scrotes to feel uncomfortable and watching their backs. I also want to get the message out that the stuff they stole is far too hot to try punting on. With any luck they will regret trying to steal anyone's models. 

The description on the reward posters lists all that we know about the scum in the hope that even if some-one didn't witness the break in they may have at least spotted scrotes with anti vandal paint on them on the nights in question, or wearing the trainers that we know they wore on both occasions. We can but hope. As I've said before, thieves have no honour so the chances are some-one will take the easy hassle free money in return for shopping an acquaintance. Especially as we've asked the Police to respect anonymity if requested. 

I get the impression that the Police are as frustrated as the rest of us. The 'off the record' advice from some of the Police was the use of carpet grippers and nails hammered through plywood as they wouldn't be bothered too much if scrotes got what they deserved.

I've just posted a reward for information resulting in recovery of the items and/or information leading to a conviction. It's not that I want the stuff back now that it has probably been damaged, but that I want the scrotes to feel uncomfortable and watching their backs. I also want to get the message out that the stuff they stole is far too hot to try punting on. With any luck they will regret trying to steal anyone's models. 

The description on the reward posters lists all that we know about the scum in the hope that even if some-one didn't witness the break in they may have at least spotted scrotes with anti vandal paint on them on the nights in question, or wearing the trainers that we know they wore on both occasions. We can but hope. As I've said before, thieves have no honour so the chances are some-one will take the easy hassle free money in return for shopping an acquaintance. Especially as we've asked the Police to respect anonymity if requested. 

Good luck is all I can say.

There was a thread about the demise of "Inspector Gadget", a regular policeman who questioned the PC views and bureaucracy in his police force but has been officially silenced by the politically correct and ambitious force management. Clearly the 'off the record' advice you are getting shows how the role of the police from higher levels seems to be about criminal welfare and not protecting citizens. We used to see glass set into a concrete capping on walls and that was I think a very effective deterrent against unlawful entry but the PC brigade would now say that you cannot protect your property but must inform the authorities when you are subjected to trespass or worse.  

Especially as we've asked the Police to respect anonymity if requested. 

I hope the reward turns up something useful! However, beware of police promises to anonymity ... I'm not blaming the police here, but a couple of people I know who had been promised anonymity had their full names and place of work read out in court when appearing as witnesses against a gang kidnapping. Hmmm ...

I believe that as most if not all on this forum are law abiding citizens, we should maybe make a small contribution to at least let Jenny know we think this act of theft is bang out of order. We cannot replace her lost items and I'm sure the insurance company will only cough up the minimum amount, but who would be in favour of making a small contribution of say £5 per head to Jenny ?

If Jenny has a Paypal account, we could just pay direct to that ?

Attached are some photos of my layout and one would hope that it is safe at all times. It is insured and I live out in the sticks so am guessing not many people would come looking to take from me.

post-10620-0-16345200-1366119646.jpg

post-10620-0-70856600-1366119664.jpg

post-10620-0-39287600-1366119779_thumb.jpg

I believe that as most if not all on this forum are law abiding citizens, we should maybe make a small contribution to at least let Jenny know we think this act of theft is bang out of order. We cannot replace her lost items and I'm sure the insurance company will only cough up the minimum amount, but who would be in favour of making a small contribution of say £5 per head to Jenny ?

If Jenny has a Paypal account, we could just pay direct to that ?

Attached are some photos of my layout and one would hope that it is safe at all times. It is insured and I live out in the sticks so am guessing not many people would come looking to take from me.

I had been thinking along those lines myself, if we all chipped in a few quid... so yes I'm in favour.

Archived