Models stolen in Bolton

Many thanks for the offers. To be honest, the insurance should cover everything so no need to donate any money to me although I feel honoured that some of you have given consideration to this. 

There are a few older items in the list of things stolen that I would like to find direct replacements for. I still have all the original boxes, so I'm happy for the items to be unboxed. I am willing to pay for these items as the insurance should cover all the loss. The cheque may take a few weeks to process through the system though. 

Many thanks again for all the support and I feel humbled at how quickly the modelling community has rallied around me. Thankyou everybody! Let's hope that the scrotes who did this get caught. Zoë is also determined to take out a civil case too if the individuals are located. A nice CCJ should make them find getting credit or the like far harder. Maybe it will also flag up when they try and hock stuff at these pawn shops? Anything to make their lives harder. 

I still feel a whip round is needed here, even if to help buy a few wagons.

Can I ask who Zoe is? Did she also have stuff nicked ?

A whip's a damgood idea, on the no-doubt lo-slung jeans of the thieving scum's backsides. 

Jenny, I'll happily look out for good unboxed replacements for the wagons principally - the list will need keeping up to date in real time of course as these things get ticked-off.

Kind of like an unholy Wedding List.

Thanks! A whip round seems like a good idea. ;)

"Yes your Honour. We're sorry to say that the offender accidentally tripped and fell face first into a steel toecapped boot. Very unfortunate."

Again I'm touched at the offers of gifts of money, but I'd feel a little uncomfortable accepting it as the insurance should cover everything.

Zoë is my Civil Partner. She is usually the one acting as camerawoman in my videos ('Darth Vader'  she was refered to as in one video when she had a cold and could be heard mouth breathing loudly in the background!). She didn't have any of her stuff stolen, but was upset that some of the models that she had bought for me as presents over the years were stolen. She actually cried when I returned from town yesterday with a replacement 'Snowdrift salt' wagon as that item had been a present from her 12 months ago.

I am overjoyed as I've just received some amazing news. Thanks to the posts in this thread including the descriptions of the items, I have received an email via my website from some-one who has found all of my stolen models. I haven't yet got my hands on them, but it appears that they were passed to some-one to put on Ebay who did a google search to get better descriptions of the items and the top Google hit for "Dick Hardy" (the Hornby class 09) is this very thread! 

Apparently they are even still in the stock boxes they were stolen in so this means that at least the wagons might not even be damaged. Fingers crossed. 

Many thanks to everyone's support in this matter. I shall spend my day in work tomorrow anxious to learn that the items have reached the Police station to be returned to me. Hopefully this will also mean that a trail will be established that will lead to the criminals and let them get prosecuted. The destruction of "Trinity Road" is classed as a hate crime which should mean that they will not be entitled to the usual leniant slap on the wrist. 

Thanks again to everyone being active in this thread that brought "Dick Hardy" to the top of the Google search results and helped my stuff be located. 

I am so happy, but shall try not to get too excited until I have my items back in my possession. 

• RMweb Premium

I am overjoyed as I've just received some amazing news. Thanks to the posts in this thread including the descriptions of the items, I have received an email via my website from some-one who has found all of my stolen models. I haven't yet got my hands on them, but it appears that they were passed to some-one to put on Ebay who did a google search to get better descriptions of the items and the top Google hit for "Dick Hardy" (the Hornby class 09) is this very thread! 

Apparently they are even still in the stock boxes they were stolen in so this means that at least the wagons might not even be damaged. Fingers crossed. 

Many thanks to everyone's support in this matter. I shall spend my day in work tomorrow anxious to learn that the items have reached the Police station to be returned to me. Hopefully this will also mean that a trail will be established that will lead to the criminals and let them get prosecuted. The destruction of "Trinity Road" is classed as a hate crime which should mean that they will not be entitled to the usual leniant slap on the wrist. 

Thanks again to everyone being active in this thread that brought "Dick Hardy" to the top of the Google search results and helped my stuff be located. 

I am so happy, but shall try not to get too excited until I have my items back in my possession. 

That is great news Jenny. As I have been lurking in the back ground and have been hoping that you get your items back.

Terry    

• RMweb Gold

That's great news Jenny.

Will there will be some time lag before you get them back as the recovered models may be evidence? Perhaps some of our 'boys in blue' (or black in Ratty's case)could advise?

Sadly I feel that despite your best efforts and those of the police when they bring these individuals to book, the punishment meted out will not appear appropriate to the grief and upset caused to you and Zoe.

I am still of the opinion that using an air nailer and converting their dangly bits into an impression of a metallic porcupine would have far more effect than any fine/community work/custodial sentence dished out in court.

Regards

Richard

• RMweb Gold

Great news Jenny.

Hope you will be able to get motivated again now to repair the layout.

Remember, whatever happens or does not happen to the criminals, you getting your stuff back is the main thing for you.

Without wanting to appear over cautious, try not to draw them on to you by too much rhetoric. The police have more resources to protect themselves than you have so if it were me, I would be thankful to get the models back and then quietly take a low profile on the criminal case side of things.

As the others have said, careful you don't stick your head above the parapet too much, otherwise you'll get your head shot off. Although, it really shouldn't be like that.

Glad you're getting our possessions back, I hope they've not been knocked too much.

• RMweb Gold

Pure magic! I'm sorry Zoe was upset, although what you have both endured is pretty unpleasant - people have been known to move house after burglaries, simply because they felt their private space had been violated and fatally soiled. You, by contrast, have been remarkably strong and practical about the whole ghastly event, and I'm not sure we'd all be as balanced in our writings after finding what you have.

We all hope the return of the lost items is favourable - if they were to be sold there may have been some care taken, at least. And no doubt a new Trinity Road will rise in some form in due course, to again grace these pages. I certainly look forward to that.

Great news Jenny.

Hope you will be able to get motivated again now to repair the layout.

Remember, whatever happens or does not happen to the criminals, you getting your stuff back is the main thing for you.

Without wanting to appear over cautious, try not to draw them on to you by too much rhetoric. The police have more resources to protect themselves than you have so if it were me, I would be thankful to get the models back and then quietly take a low profile on the criminal case side of things.

I think this is sound advice Colin. I hope that Jenny can allow criminal proceedings to go ahead without any significant involvement from either Zoe or her for their own safety as the moronic trolls who perpetrated the crimes have already demonstrated their vindictiveness. The low-life do, however, need to be subjected to the full rigours of proper justice, certainly not just a community service order!

• RMweb Premium

This is excellent news. 

Perhaps now you and Zoe can look forward and decide how you are going to sort out things in the future. Sometimes an event such as this can act as a catalyst to take some sort of different direction.

My advice, for what it is worth in the short term, is to consider getting a decent CCTV set up as that will also help anyone that might move in to your property at a later date. It should also act as a huge disincentive to any idiot that might be looking at the 'opportunities' around your area. Maybe some neighbours would also be interested in this so that there is a bit of a united front/back?

Sincerely, P. 

• RMweb Gold

Good news but as others have said I think a low profile approach would be very sensible in the circumstances - hoping it all goes well from now on and those responsible might, for once, get an appropriate punishment if the process of law & order actually does what it is meant to do. 

Archived