2mm scale Vintage Wagons.

post-2980-0-51218200-1450355675.jpg

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9LPSCFJGQ/2mmfs-gnr-6-7-plank-open-wagon?optionId=58674802

GNR 7 plank open (with 6 plank high doors) now uploaded to Shapeways.

My 30th wagon design.

One more GNR type to come.

Thanks,

Eddie.

PS. $10 off orders of Frosted Detail Plastic over $30 on Monday 21st.

Edited by edubs
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/52042-tucking-mill/page-18Jerry Clifford has done a great job with a few of my open wagons.Cheers,Eddie.

Thanks Eddie, I've done several more opens and a few of the Brighton vans as well but haven't had chance to paint them yet. I'll post some pictures when I do. Below are the ones finished so far.

post-1074-0-75740600-1452801687_thumb.jpg

Jerry

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've read through this thread, great stuff, excellent items, Eddie. I may have missed it, did see you could do these in 4mm, but what about N (1/148)?

Is that do-able, and anyone know if the W irons and other bits are available? Or could the bodies be plunked onto existing RTR frames?

Thanks.

Jim F

• Like 1

Hi Jim.

Thanks for your kind comments!

I don't think it would be any good to simply resize any of these models to 4mm scale, I would probably pretty much start from scratch with each wagon if I were to do this.

As for N, I could probably resize to 1/148 scale, but I suspect that any existing RTR underframe would still be far too wide, especially considering how small many of the prototypes were, so 2mm SA components would still be the ideal way to go, but with N wheels, as Gareth Collier has done.

Cheers,

Eddie.

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew of Matthieson models has got some of my prints, we've exchanged messages in the past.

He's not doing those RTR PO wagons anymore.

I've never had a look at one up close so I don't know any dimensions or how they go together.

Cheers,

Eddie.

• 5 weeks later...

I've ordered a couple of test items in the new HDA material from Shapeways.

Might be suitable, especially (hopefully) for vans, might not.

Only one way to find out!

I will report in 10 days or so.

Cheers,

Eddie.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Andrew of Matthieson models has got some of my prints, we've exchanged messages in the past.

He's not doing those RTR PO wagons anymore.

I've never had a look at one up close so I don't know any dimensions or how they go together.

Cheers,

Eddie.

The chassis was part of the body. The one piece moulding on these was very neat. The brakes clipped on separately and so did the couplings, then there was a piece of metal to add some mass.