GWRPhil

• RMweb Premium

here is a photo of the painted sides of my mk1 buffet which i'm turning into network rail buffet

post-17016-0-64781100-1370695276_thumb.jpg

just got to add them to the body frame and then add roof.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Here is the pictures of my reassembled mk1 buffet respray. For my first attempt I'm quite pleased with it but I hopefully will be able to do better next time. Stil have to weather underframe and bogies and apply waterslide transfers and then dullcote the lot.

post-17016-0-49762200-1370771645_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-79860900-1370771839_thumb.jpg

Can you let me know what you think please.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Nice job!

Only improvement I can think off is maybe a touch of black on the bogies but the finish of the coach is excellent! Nice job

the bogies should be black that is unfortunately some oversprsy from painting the solebar of the coach will be giving them a black spray before weathering to get rid of yellow protecting new paint job with card and masking tape

• Like 1

the bogies should be black that is unfortunately some oversprsy from painting the solebar of the coach will be giving them a black spray before weathering to get rid of yellow protecting new paint job with card and masking tape

Ok, I've done the odd respray and it not the easiest thing, I did it with aerosol as I don't have an airbrush and it took a few coats to get it right

• RMweb Premium

hi here is a video of my latest upgrade to my loco fleet.

i have added LEGOMANBIFFO sound to my fastline 66 that was weathered by alan of warren lane

hope you enjoy

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

here are some pics of the finished paint on the two mk2 that i have been repainting into nr yellow

post-17016-0-45733200-1371152295_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-31257200-1371152324_thumb.jpg

post-17016-0-44690800-1371152342_thumb.jpg

just gotta do waterslide transfer now and dullcote before giving them a light weather

• Like 3

Looking good big man. I'll be testing your straight line ability with some nse re-paints soon! You may have already covered it but what have you used to fill your windows? (And if you just 'filler' i will slap you on Monday)  Need to fill some holes on stock and not sure what i should be getting.

• Like 1

Seeing a coach in the flesh, i can honestly say the paint job is fantastic!

Onto more childish things, the yellow BAAs for the 'Plympton Grange' to 'North Quay*' steel service have left Plympton and are seen here in amongst the rest of the wagons forming the service on their way crossing play-time viaduct. The usual steels sub-sector 37 was absent (I haven't bought one yet) so an RfD pair were filling in. The service is also waiting for a couple of curtain sided bogie steel carriers but a VGA and Cargowaggon are filling in until they arrive. There's also a pot of Railfreight red paint waiting to back date some of the BAAs.

post-9147-0-34769000-1371584301_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-16805300-1371584322_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-94405200-1371584345_thumb.jpg

There was a sensible purpose to this too honest, i wanted to see how long it would be for future use. The train pictured here is 8ft long with 2x 37s but It's short 3 wagons which i couldn't fit on and that would bring it up to 10ft in length.

*I'll start a 'North Quay' thread as soon as i've finished the current batch of 'Warren Lane' projects.

Edited by Satan's Goldfish
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Seeing a coach in the flesh, i can honestly say the paint job is fantastic!

Onto more childish things, the yellow BAAs for the 'Plympton Grange' to 'North Quay*' steel service have left Plympton and are seen here in amongst the rest of the wagons forming the service on their way crossing play-time viaduct. The usual steels sub-sector 37 was absent (I haven't bought one yet) so an RfD pair were filling in. The service is also waiting for a couple of curtain sided bogie steel carriers but a VGA and Cargowaggon are filling in until they arrive. There's also a pot of Railfreight red paint waiting to back date some of the BAAs.

attachicon.gifDSCF3365.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF3366.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCF3367.JPG

There was a sensible purpose to this too honest, i wanted to see how long it would be for future use. The train pictured here is 8ft long with 2x 37s but It's short 3 wagons which i couldn't fit on and that would bring it up to 10ft in length.

*I'll start a 'North Quay' thread as soon as i've finished the current batch of 'Warren Lane' projects.

i'm liking the brio bridge idea as part of a railway looks really good.

How about a combination od Peco N and OO girders? Don't they come in packs of 4 too?

Edit: there's something about the perspective in the second picture that works really well. Can't put my finger on it though.

Without wanting to hi-jack your thread Phil, thought you might be interested in the back-dating of 3 of the 4 BAAs recently transfered from Plympton.

As from what i hear there was only 1 BAA with yellow ends and the Railfreight Metals logo ever running, the cradles and wagon ends have received 2 coats of railfreight red and the RF Metals logo has been gone over with a black marker. They could do with some older 'Railfreight' red logo transfers to complete them and some different wagon numbers but for now i'm quite happy with them. a good heavy weather will hopefully make them less shiny.

For comparison if it helps anyone i've added the other version with yellow ends of the BAA but without RF Metals logos at the back with the VTG Ferrywagon. There's a couple of other minor differences between them like the extensiveness of the yellow on the ends and cradles and numbering positions on the side.

post-9147-0-29502200-1371815012_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-77992600-1371815022_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-40672800-1371815033_thumb.jpg

post-9147-0-62318800-1371815043_thumb.jpg

Would be interesting to see them along side Bachmann's RF red BAAs to see how well i did :-)

Laters

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Without wanting to hi-jack your thread Phil, thought you might be interested in the back-dating of 3 of the 4 BAAs recently transfered from Plympton.As from what i hear there was only 1 BAA with yellow ends and the Railfreight Metals logo ever running, the cradles and wagon ends have received 2 coats of railfreight red and the RF Metals logo has been gone over with a black marker. They could do with some older 'Railfreight' red logo transfers to complete them and some different wagon numbers but for now i'm quite happy with them. a good heavy weather will hopefully make them less shiny.For comparison if it helps anyone i've added the other version with yellow ends of the BAA but without RF Metals logos at the back with the VTG Ferrywagon. There's a couple of other minor differences between them like the extensiveness of the yellow on the ends and cradles and numbering positions on the side.attachicon.gifDSCF3376.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF3377.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF3378.JPGattachicon.gifDSCF3379.JPGWould be interesting to see them along side Bachmann's RF red BAAs to see how well i did :-)Laters

the paint looks to have turned out really well. the colour looks good. a definite improvement on the yellow ends they were orginally. looking forwardf to seeing them in the flesh next time. i see you

the paint looks to have turned out really well. the colour looks good. a definite improvement on the yellow ends they were orginally. looking forwardf to seeing them in the flesh next time. i see you

Cheers bud, after my trip out today they may be going back to Plympton for a light weathering and dulling down if the work-shop can fit them in?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Cheers bud, after my trip out today they may be going back to Plympton for a light weathering and dulling down if the work-shop can fit them in?

There's space in the workshop for them. Have you got appropriate photos for the level of finish that north quay requires?

There's space in the workshop for them. Have you got appropriate photos for the level of finish that north quay requires?

No, 'North Quay' is not that organised! Just a basic light level of grubbieness is fine by me. I'll email you in a mo....

Hi

I may be wrong but I believe there was only 1 BAA painted in Yellow the rest were either

Rail freight /Ews

Are you from the Plymouth / Plympton area  my great gran was from Plympton

looking good otherwise

David Wexford

• Like 1