Peco - Pre Soldered Fishplates in 00 (inc Code 75) and N

dseagull

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've just seen them advertised in the June "Modeller".  Given my (lack of) soldering skills, they look like a (probably relatively expensive) answer to a prayer ..... although I suppose people who don't trust fishplates to conduct power across a track joint in the first place will have reservations about them.

• 2 weeks later...

What would be nice is solder/flux paste inside the fishplate so all you had to do was touch a hot iron too it to solder track sections or flex track rail together.  I know you would have to leave some fishplates loose for track expansion and of course electrical blocks.

Interesting to see this product has made it to the UK.  I have been buying Code 100 Atlas rail joiners (fishplates to you) for at least the last 25 years or more with connecting wires pre-soldered to the underside. They even had them for the old brass track which I think was discontinued in the 1970s..  Code 70 and 83 are also available I believe. They were always easy to make yourself too. Atlas sells their joiners in strips of 8 connected joiners stamped from sheet nickle silver. The secret was to make them while the rail joiners were still in the connected strip so you could have a place to hold them down while you soldered a wire to the bottom.

Archived