Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Saw the loco running light past Derby station this morning, heading north, you in the back cab?

Can't remember if I'd just got off the Matlock in platform 1 or just joining the Crewe in 2. I've not been that awake all day! Same job two days running, on at 05.11 Grantham, Crewe, Mansfield Woodhouse.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

next week im route refreshing the WCML to carlisle for 4 days and working a log train back via the S+C to get my handling hours in and to start learning the route, the week after its refresh warrington to chirk and down to shrewsbury and wolves and back to warrington, thankfully i know it all anyway so again its just a refresh

i'll use this thread to keep anyone who's interested about my exploits with colas

Let me know when you're heading down (up?) the S&C. Looks like the Ribblehead logs are running tomorrow. They usually only run FO. For a few weeks, there was both a Carlisle and Ribblehead to Chirk, but the usual routine tended to be Carlisle M-Th and Ribblehead FO.

The Ribblehead empties usually work in from the south, so you may get to do the S&C both ways.

EDIT: It also looks like we've now got some (4?) of the blue log carriers on the Carlisle, that had been working SW/S Wales services

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

good luck with your new job jim!

changes of job can be rather fraught especially in these uncertain times, but you seem to be handling the changes well!

the modern scene isn't really my thing, but your posts from 'behind the scenes' are very interesting and informative

onwards and upwards!;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the clip: Now I know why Hattons do their mega packs of wagons in eights!!RegardsRichard

i've got a rake of 7 of the green 100t tanks thanks to kintbury jon via the classifieds, just need the last one to complete my sinfin rake (9 max)

i think the log train may be harder to model though!

• RMweb Premium

i think the log train may be harder to model though!

Hi Jim,

Hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread.

This was 6J37 Carlisle-Chirk today - not the usual 66850, but 56105.

post-408-0-20872400-1366511760_thumb.jpg

All three types of wagon in regular use by Colas in the formation.

Ex-Cargowaggon KFA

post-408-0-11753700-1366511790_thumb.jpg

More Ex-Cargowaggon IWA and ex-Rover Hi-Cube KSA

post-408-0-97408800-1366511806_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Didn't realise they had modified KSA wagons, used to work those with DRS on the malcom train

hopefully the 56 will be on it tomorrow, be nice if it is, first run over the S+C driving a 56 would be nice, i'll be getting tomorrows roster larer today by email so may find out

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Didn't realise they had modified KSA wagons, used to work those with DRS on the malcom train

hopefully the 56 will be on it tomorrow, be nice if it is, first run over the S+C driving a 56 would be nice, i'll be getting tomorrows roster larer today by email so may find out

Better scenery than Bordesley, Jim

• Like 3