Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

turns out i'm on the ribblehead job tomorrow, 66850 on it, looking forward to that

Southbound working at http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O80368/2013/04/22/advanced

Are you northbound empty on S&C?

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

I may take my charger and window suction phone holder and do a time lapse of the route later in the week, will help me get it in my head a bit, dont think the phone will last for 5 hours videoing somehow

Shame loco cabs don't come with 'auxilary power sockets' (what used to be called the cigarette lighter) :derisive:

• Like 1

I may take my charger and window suction phone holder and do a time lapse of the route later in the week, will help me get it in my head a bit, dont think the phone will last for 5 hours videoing somehow

I've walked parts of the route but never taken the train. Your proposal would be great if you can do that Jim!

• Like 1

That would be brilliant, Jim!

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure those signals were mentioned in a discussion on the previous forum - they are interesting as each of the near signals is a single arm reading to a single junction signal (left to Leeds, right to Blackburn) rather than making each of them a junction signal in it's own right - this simplifies the locking. 

Excellent stuff Jim

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

again nowt spectacular today, been assessed so i can now officially drive 66s on my own again, next stop 56 and 47 refresh, only one photo today.......

null-21.jpg

and back in warrington, 60091 going the other way!!

Edited by big jim
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

again nowt spectacular today, been assessed so i can now officially drive 66s on my own again, next stop 56 and 47 refresh, only a couple of photos again, first stop blackburn today.......

I believe you had an early run today as you swapped paths with 6K05 (which  had a Euroshed DIT behind the train engine - I think it's the first time a ECR 66 has been my way - which I manged to miss photting by 30 seconds)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

yeah we left kingmoor as the ecr 66 was being shunted out of the loco neck, he put us in at blackburn and it passed us there, double whammy, an ECR and a namer 66 on the same train (seacows i believe)

Hi Jim

Loving the thread but I was wondering, I don't know where in the country you live but you mention being dropped off at Warrington and waiting for the train home. Do they allow for this travelling time in your shifts or is it on top of the working day? In theory and if your train home is late it could add a couple of hours to your day!

Cheers

Mark

• RMweb Premium

That van comment sort of explains why I see  'Freighliner' van running through Retford (road not 36E/ECML/Sheffield Lincoln). I should think it's crew moving between West Burton or Cottam and somewhere else; Worksop?

Really enjoying you pics by the way. Being an 'engine driver' still has its' good points.

Quack

Edited by Mallard60022

Any likelyhood of you making it north of the border on the tank trains Jim?

We're about to kick the spare Colas 66 out of the tamper sidings at Stirling, believe its going to stable in the little spur at the North end off the Down main.

Unfortunately means that all those nice semaphore brackets will be going as well....

Cheers

jeff.