Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

carlisle will probably be my limit north but never say never!

refreshing chirk early next week, working the sinfin tanks on my own thursday and class 56 refresh in washwood heath on friday, maybe working a log train to chirk on saturday if my refresh goes ok

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

refreshed warrington to chirk and back to crewe via the oxley curve tonight, again no pics en route but a good run, followed a stopper to chester and again onto the single line at saltney jn, plodded up gresford bank and onward to chirk where the train is backed in onto the unloading pad, split and the loco drawn forward for fuel before, once the train is unloaded its remarshalled and we depart for shrewsbury and beyond

just 1 pic.....

journeys end for me, the train then headed off to carlisle for reloading in the morning

null-35.jpg

i'm working the train by myself later today (tuesday), my maiden solo voyage, was due to be the sinfins wednesday but i've stepped up due to sickness, looking forward to it

Edited by big jim
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

i did get a pic of the rig but i'm a bit reluctant to post pics from "inside the fence" as such but its basically a 18000 litre plastic tank/pump combo with a retractable fuel hose reel

I understand - thanks!

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

That van comment sort of explains why I see  'Freighliner' van running through Retford (road not 36E/ECML/Sheffield Lincoln). I should think it's crew moving between West Burton or Cottam and somewhere else; Worksop?

Really enjoying you pics by the way. Being an 'engine driver' still has its' good points.

Quack

I've not seen them in the power stations and technically they're not compliant with EDF's site safety requirements so I suspect they might be headed further east unless they are non-traincrew personnel who are there for other reasons.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I've not seen them in the power stations and technically they're not compliant with EDF's site safety requirements so I suspect they might be headed further east unless they are non-traincrew personnel who are there for other reasons.

Cheers Mike. Could be anyone really. With all these diversions going on maybe it is a crew move (Gainsborough perhaps) but not from WB or Cotm? Alternatively it could be the cleaner!!!!!!

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

did the trip to chirk again, drove it tonight though with the other driver observing, happy with what goes on in chirk, fuelled it myself too thats sorted as well

it stayed lighter later tonight so i managed to get a few shots, nothing showing any infrastructure but hopefully a few interesting pics for everyone......

and finally managed to capture the WAG passing, light was going by the time it passed at 20:35 so its an "action shot" as the iphone cant cope with low light situations very well!

null-40.jpg

Edited by big jim
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold

First trip on my own today, already running 40 late into crewe, on the plus side managed to photograph this (which is also running late!)

null-59.jpg

null-60.jpg

My train should be here soon!!

• Like 16

when i was here 2 weeks ago i was going to get a photo of the old EMU that has been sat here for years being used as a store/mess room, don't think i'll be getting any pics now....

It's certainly a mess (room) now. Was that the coach from the 4-SUB de-icer unit?