Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

As far as I know the North Wales to Manchester Arriva services went over to loco hauled stock to release a class 158 set to strengthen the service on the Aberystwyth route. I hope it doesn't go back to class 158 as we need the unit for our (more or less) hourly service. But I thought the "AM" train to Cardiff had already been taken off, or was imminently being discontinued as the Welsh Assembly has stopped financing it.

Jonathan

Great views of Lewisham, a place I pass through every working day. It shows how busy the station is - and how close it is to St Johns, which can be seen in the background of one of the pictures. And I think I'm right in saying that the Hither Green shots include the Lee spur

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Great views of Lewisham, a place I pass through every working day. It shows how busy the station is - and how close it is to St Johns, which can be seen in the background of one of the pictures. And I think I'm right in saying that the Hither Green shots include the Lee spur

The only problem is the gradient is far too steep on that model, nice trackwork though.

• RMweb Gold

i assume the lee spur is the avoiding line that 465010 is on, didnt look like it was used much then that came along

yes, that's what I was referring to. I assume it is mainly used by empty stock movements and the odd freight. I've been round it on services 3 time in 17 years commuting on that line when there have been problems in the Hither Green vicinity

I use it a lot for Kent engineering trains ex-Hoo Jn. Engineers and empties are the staple diet of the spur.

• RMweb Gold

It's always nice to see pictures of Lewisham station and environs, and yours are no exception. They also go to show why we modellers need models of Networkers and Electrostars.

It's a bit odd that they removed the numbers on the loco? Having said that 50031 also ran on the network without running numbers either.

Great photos Jim. That must have been a long day?

Regards

Vin

• RMweb Gold

i know DRS not giving anything away for free by the look of it!

not too long a night really, managed an hours sleep in carnforth due to the signalling going down at tebay so that took the edge off it a bit

derby shunt tomorrow and traction conducting the rest of the week, peterborough, lowestoft, old oak common, liverpool st, marylebone, euston and newport amongst other places, dont think i'll be seeing home til thursday now!

• RMweb Gold

no, not me on that, dont go to grantham

anyway some from today, should have been traction conducting the DBSO over to lowestoft but the job got caped so we just ended up going peterborough to derby via oakham and melton mowbray, never done that line before, very interesting indeed

peterborough

1B37CA93-4C94-4D6D-AED9-8E53BCB94BC6.jpg

EC756A62-51EC-4D2E-8464-4F690C828EBB.jpg

east mids parkway

4EC38B83-1C25-43FC-A801-2BC654C6EA40.jpg

DSC02419.jpg

DSC02417.jpg

DSC02412.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

DSC02415.jpg

DSC02416.jpg

and into derby

DSC02422.jpg

DSC02420.jpg

DSC02424.jpg

DSC02425.jpg

DSC02426.jpg

and that was that, back to peterborough for my van and home, had a cracking run across the A47 through rutland, never been that way before but the scenery is beautiful around manton where you are right on top of the hill looking across the wide valley plain, you can even see manton viaduct at one point stretching out across the valley, almost looking at it from above, if i wasnt so keen to get home i'd have stopped for a picture  

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Nice pic of 37884 with it's modified livery....

(A large ROG has replaced the Europhoenix branding)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford