Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

The red shunter looks like The Hunslet DH60C that was at DIRFT for awhile.

A quick bit of photo searching and came up with these two.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fav77/23545946455/in/photolist-BSF8y4-e6RY4J-d3aPAb-p7X9e6-dyzRBY-diwXKj-C6CNmn-eFH4mL-9eEFme-bNxGEZ-patXup-r8b921-d3aNCy-e3uHPo-e3t2Sb-e3p5R8-d3aPT9-d3aLFA-d3aECQ-jKtuVo-d3aHkA-d3aNXf-e6KkKx-d3aJVL-d3aGGW-e6KkSB-cB7fwj-d3aKF3-d3aGZN-eTQtJt-dy4Bxh-e3t2z3-d3aMAY-d3aLqC-d3aHLf-d3aM2C-cB7foC-dfxgkK-d3aKbu-d3aGmL-diGJyx-e3t33Y-rphkHo-d3aKTN-e3t237-e3t2Gq-e3t2bU-d3aL8j-e3t3aN-e6QZQW

I wonder if Mike Edge will do a kit?

The other grey one is bit of a beast. Made by Vollert and I can't remember the spec, but it weighs in somewhere over 120Te IIRC.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

My mate used to work at Cheadle Junction - where the Tiviot Dale line comes in.

I visited him a couple of times and the smell from the waterworks wasn't too clever. IIRC, it was a CLC box and was huge with an odd frame where the levers didn't all line up when they were pulled off.

When he was there, it was after the Tiviot Dale line had closed - due to the collapse of the cutting/tunnel when they were building the M60 through Stockport, but it was still being worked as a junction as it went from double track to single towards Stockport.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My mate used to work at Cheadle Junction - where the Tiviot Dale line comes in.

I visited him a couple of times and the smell from the waterworks wasn't too clever. IIRC, it was a CLC box and was huge with an odd frame where the levers didn't all line up when they were pulled off.

When he was there, it was after the Tiviot Dale line had closed - due to the collapse of the cutting/tunnel when they were building the M60 through Stockport, but it was still being worked as a junction as it went from double track to single towards Stockport.

Cheers,

Mick

this box i presume

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/56808-the-clc-through-stockport/?p=2842067

hmm, just happened to me too, anyone else just seeing links?

(im on ipad/iphone)

chrome on pc is fine though

No problems with Firefox

The red shunter looks like The Hunslet DH60C that was at DIRFT for awhile.

A quick bit of photo searching and came up with these two.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fav77/23545946455/in/photolist-BSF8y4-e6RY4J-d3aPAb-p7X9e6-dyzRBY-diwXKj-C6CNmn-eFH4mL-9eEFme-bNxGEZ-patXup-r8b921-d3aNCy-e3uHPo-e3t2Sb-e3p5R8-d3aPT9-d3aLFA-d3aECQ-jKtuVo-d3aHkA-d3aNXf-e6KkKx-d3aJVL-d3aGGW-e6KkSB-cB7fwj-d3aKF3-d3aGZN-eTQtJt-dy4Bxh-e3t2z3-d3aMAY-d3aLqC-d3aHLf-d3aM2C-cB7foC-dfxgkK-d3aKbu-d3aGmL-diGJyx-e3t33Y-rphkHo-d3aKTN-e3t237-e3t2Gq-e3t2bU-d3aL8j-e3t3aN-e6QZQW

I wonder if Mike Edge will do a kit?

The other grey one is bit of a beast. Made by Vollert and I can't remember the spec, but it weighs in somewhere over 120Te IIRC.

Cheers,

Mick

The red shunters in your link aren't the one that was at DIRFT, as far as I know - that was the real DH60C, a new built Hunslet prototype - the two in your photo were rebuilt from EE(I think) locos at the Pontypool and Blanaenavon railway a couple of years ago. I believe the frames and wheels/rods were about the only bits to survive the rebuild. The DH60C was a three axle loco - but not with coupling rods (0-6-0).  

Alastair

• RMweb Gold

Just a quicky from last night, pair of 97s with a rail delivery train bound for the Cambrian

Got a couple more pics on the proper camera that i’ll Upload later

64B24300-E674-4E12-8E41-F7C07A14A68D.jpg

Sure was a rough night wind wise, the van drive back from cemmaes road was a nightmare with trees branches all over the road and a bit of flooding, had to turn back between ellesmere and Whitchurch due to a fallen tree and there was another blocking 1/2 of the road near nantwich too!

Glad to be in a warm bed now

Edited by big jim
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Glad I Got off when I did!

63F0CC65-D23B-4374-AAB4-4FF91AA5F8D2.jpg

The relieving driver hit a tree which they sorted out then a bit later on hit a shed which caused considerable damage to the loco and cost the lives of the 2 turkeys living in it, they made it through Christmas only have their lives tragically cut short in the new year r.i.p mr and mrs gobbles!

• Like 12