Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the very interesting pictures Jim.   As an outside observer it's interesting to me that the recovery appears to be being done in what could be called the old fashioned way of recovering wagons and loads as they are lifted by rail mounted cranes or is there a road crane at the actual site as well.   Also do you have to get special permission from DB to fire up and use their loco.

Jamie

FA0E4A50-33D9-417B-BE96-F81710ED6E66.jpg

In this shot the sky background is very convincing, as is the puddle effect on the concrete but the concrete needs more weathering, oily patches etc and that big slab side of the building needs blending/weathering in a bit. If I was to be very critical the Fellowes HGV tractor/trailer at a jaunty angle looks a bit too staged (also, is it actually 2mm scale to give a bit of forced perspective?) and the container handlers would never be lined up like that but otherwise this model looks like one to watch ............

• Like 1

Hams hall rescue mission today, obviously no pics of the site itself but our job was to man the locos to ferry containers and wagons back and forth between the derailment site and hams hall

The line was under possession so all moves required the ES (engineering supervisor) to speak to the box and set the routes to and from the various lines

Is the point work (& track) still there to connect to the site of the old Power Station? It looks like there was some thought to providing a siding or two for the current Wincanton warehouse?

• RMweb Premium

66752 is a long way from Indiana! What is the reason for the name on a British loco?

It should be in Monon Railway colours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monon_Railroad

Jonathan

I believe that it was the first 66 to be built at the new facility that Caterpillar opened in Muncie Indiana in place of the London Ontario plant.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Not bothered with pics the last few days as it’s been far too wet to go outside and get any!

Only one from today, an issue with a wagon meant I had to go and collect a 2nd loco and take it to iport to pull the train back to release the train loco which was trapped in the head shunt!

First time 2 locos have been there together

4D4AE5DE-D442-4261-9354-5C399DD263CB.jpg

Crewe to Doncaster tomorrow with some empty intermodal flats then a couple of engineers trains into and out of donny on Sunday

• Like 17