Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Hi Jim

Any news when 60095 is going to break cover. I would think there are many who are looking forward to a 60 in GBRf livery.

I have a spare Hornby 60 crying out for a re-spray!

Your photos are brilliant by the way.

Regards

John

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jim

Any news when 60095 is going to break cover. I would think there are many who are looking forward to a 60 in GBRf livery.

I have a spare Hornby 60 crying out for a re-spray!

Your photos are brilliant by the way.

Regards

John

My name was mentioned by the planning department yesterday to work it very soon for part of its trip back from Eastleigh to Doncaster if I don’t get another job on the particular day in question

Where was the picture with 66770 taken in post #5174?

The track on the right seems to meet the line with the train at a fairly sharp angle. Is it part of a Y, or triangle, for turning stock or is it something else?

That’s barrow Hill, the line coming off is to the round house and yes it’s sharp!

• Like 1

The new one that Jim's been working into is iPort, located at St Catherine's Junction on the South Yorkshire line that goes Doncaster-Maltby-Worksop.

Google maps link here: https://goo.gl/maps/TEuV8zjSPHR2 , the aerial photo showing when construction was still under way.

It's beside an Amazon warehouse, and more or less at the western edge of what used to be Rossington Colliery,

Wide view off Rake's Lane bridge looking broadly south here, from 15 Sep, with a loco running round at St Catherine's Jn (they do that sometimes to reach one side or other of the various yards at Doncaster, to avoid crossing the ECML):

post-6971-0-36235600-1537950239_thumb.jpg

Edit: the line on the far left, coming towards the camera, is just a headshunt/trap road.

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 7

That picture of the yard enterance is interesting.

Looking at the lines inside the fenced area it doesn't look like there is hard standing across the tracks?

Can a reacher/stacker stretch over all the lines ok? Or am I missing something?

Matt

The container-handling cranes are designed to reach over at least one track with a fully-laden container.

• RMweb Premium

I never knew Hellifield had such a spectacular canopy and wealth of railway infrastructure. Somebody needs to get the strimmer and weed wand out on that platform and the bay looks like it’s more planter than platform.

Is anyone using the building at the moment? I know steam services have used it before.

There is an excellent café on the platform but I don't know how much of the building is actually used.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Some from yesterday, Landor st to mountsorrel and then conduct a liner running round in duddeston

Class 66 lurking in the trees in Saltley, first train I’ve seen in EMR for a long time

F8FB936A-E8A2-4746-9E24-39123FF57418.jpg

Anglia 153 en route from Tyseley to Norwich

2ADA401F-5F66-4C4F-9126-A03F11FC8F0E.jpg

4 hours to get from Birmingham to mountsorrel! 2 hours of which were sitting waiting in humberstone road in Leicester

(Wish I hadn’t sold my rake of IOA boxes now!)

FD0B6D1F-598C-4613-AB80-1F42AE32BA98.jpg

After that job it was back to hams hall to conduct a driver to duddeston to run round as the direct route out of hams is blocked following the derailment, 66767 doing the honours

0BAF455C-5DCF-4861-A315-2A7C3C38407D.jpg

And while I waited for the taxi to get me home 59003 passed by

https://youtu.be/zk7XW4Wcaak

Last minute Job swap today, derby blockade turn

• Like 19

Day off today and 60095 move tomorrow oxford to Doncaster

Interesting job Thursday too, watch this space!

60095 is now on the loose, at Oxford at 16:22 (2 early) so Jim should be driving it now, 

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R50633/2018/10/07/advanced

Departure earlier from Eastleigh: https://www.47soton.co.uk/2018/10/60095-departs-from-eastleigh-works-7th.html