Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

Just a few from today, quick loco move Landor st to nuneaton, should have been Leicester but it was 3 hours late

Freightliner backing into Landor st

170 unit passing by

Arty shot

And into nuneaton

A28F62CC-2174-4293-B8E5-F79703FC6517.jpg

That’s yer lot til the end of the week, happy Christmas

Hopefully, seeing 755 off to Leicester means it won't be back on the Clitheroe Cement for awhile....

9 weeks on, 3 days off, 2 weeks on - or something like that.

Merry Christmas Jim.

Cheers,

Mick

Merry Christmas from saltley psb (yes I know it dont exist anymore but the thought is there) Jim, keep up the good works and photos. May the games of signalling snooker (u have to get a red before a green for those that are unsure) carry on around our patch for yet another year.

How many 92's do GBRF have on their books?

A quick Google is all it takes. 16 appears to be the answer....

post-21664-0-76141100-1546282925_thumb.jpeg

Taken from Wikipedia here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_92

Day off tomorrow before 4 days of iport

I may see you on Thursday or Friday then Jim...keep a look out around Stenson and Barrow!

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Presumably this was you today (Fri 4) at Masborough, 66702 on the Doncaster iport train.

I waved from the bridge as you came to a halt!

attachicon.gif66702 Masboro 04jan19 b.jpg

attachicon.gif66702 Masboro 04jan19 a.jpg

That's alot of small boxes on there, maybe because MSC lost 270 overboard and into the North Sea the other day, plus looking at pictures, a fair few more battered and bruised but still on-board at odd angles.

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Some from the last couple of days

Masborough as usual on Thursday, we had a bit of excitement a bit earlier in the trip thanks to a tractor that was using a crossing without permission from the signaller, 30 seconds later and we would have hit him, thankfully we had front facing cctv recording the whole incident so hopefully it will end in a prosecution or loss of use of the crossing as it’s the same one within a farm where a work colleague nearly hit a tractor whilst on the Boston steel train a few years back!

02D27842-1377-4D74-A2FF-E2A18C0A1CA8.jpg

963F729B-9B5C-4D70-8473-335FDE90516B.jpg

Iport

EE9414EF-5E52-42C1-988D-14178B47CF9E.jpg

And Friday

56089 and 47749 at trowell jn

EDBC1387-5D85-4F2B-A703-0C31FAB02A05.jpg

Iport again

2FD585AE-4EBE-4259-B0EE-3EE84BD7C1E7.jpg

Back on It again later today, one way trip though

• Like 18

It's been nice to see you the last few days Jim...I forgot to say I'd be at Tamworth this morning but you spotted me anyway, waving like a loony......

Thursday at Stenson:

post-21664-0-66862200-1546721612_thumb.jpg

Yesterday at Chellaston, just south of Derby (and a very short walk from where I live):

post-21664-0-57007600-1546721831_thumb.jpg

And today at Tamworth High Level:

post-21664-0-39113700-1546721905_thumb.jpg

Here are the videos too:

Just a quick question about the first video for either yourself or anyone who may know, if you don't mind. How did the signaller know that your train had cleared North Staffs Jn? It was a catch 22 situation as the 153 needed to clear Stenson to let you cross, but your train was blocking North Staffs! In the video the road is set for the unit soon after the train had cleared...what detects this?

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

The signaller will have probably preset the route so when I clear the track circuit it will pull if for the 153

To be honest it’s a terrible bit of regulation at stenson the 153 is booked to wait for us everyday rather than holding us back at Willington for him to cross in front of us!

The signaller will have probably preset the route so when I clear the track circuit it will pull if for the 153

To be honest it’s a terrible bit of regulation at stenson the 153 is booked to wait for us everyday rather than holding us back at Willington for him to cross in front of us!

And that 153 is running a class 1 service!

• RMweb Gold

I doubt pre-setting a route is allowed (unless things have changed drastically) back in the '60s and '70s relay and other interlockings were specifically designed to prevent routes being preset.  So either the Signalman(ler) is on the ball or an automatic system is in use