Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

What can one say other than what on earth are we coming to, uncontrolled rage is perhaps a sign of the stresses of modern life but in a civilised society we should not be taking it out on each other.

Here is wishing you a speedy recovery and I hope the police can find the perpetrator and that the book is thrown at them, none of this wishy washy treatment from the courts in this instance.

2 hours ago, big jim said:

It’s typical I have a week off work and what do they put on the iport job.....66779 ‘Evening Star’!

back in on Monday with a mountsorrel job, MOD later in the week too

I guess you wanted to ring that bell as you sailed into Doncaster iPort.

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, rob D2 said:

MOD ? I’d like to see evening star on a long rake of warflats holding tanks if you could swing it.....that’d be a modern freight worth modelling !

The last time I did anything like that I got a Class 60 and a train of HBAs. (Which was exactly what I needed so I was happy and then spent a good part of a day doing with it what I wanted to do between Swindon, Reading and Didcot before giving it back.)

Edited by The Stationmaster
typo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, big jim said:

Just a couple from Landor st 

7833D9FD-34CF-4F8D-ACC1-E0349E32EA9F.jpg

31189B19-6FA3-4D9C-9B3B-2BBE872F7E3C.jpg

Horrible place to stop, especially when the signal was on and your relief was stood waiting and looking at you wondering why you were going so slow! 

• Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, big jim said:

Then after a trip to mountsorrel I had to fuel a loco in hams hall

Presumably, this is at the spur just inside the terminal gates? [/Stupid question]

Also, how often does the spur behind signal HH1 at the Whitacre Junc end of the reception roads get used?

TIA

3 hours ago, WessexEclectic said:

Also, how often does the spur behind signal HH1 at the Whitacre Junc end of the reception roads get used?

TIA

At the moment it doesn't get used due to the derailment last year. But it should be back in use shortly. It's used everyday in normal running for running round trains eg 1s that come from nuneaton for birch coppice and return

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, WessexEclectic said:

Thanks for the replies.  Can the reception roads be used as a goods loop? - once 767 points get re-instated!

I cant see hams hall being very happy with us asking to put a train away in there. It would interfere with their workings big style. Their shunter has to be involved in both getting a train into and out of the yard. The only time I've put a train in there that had nothing to do with hams hall was an enthusiast special that went straight through.

As whitacre loop is close by and bidirectional that usually suffices unless the train is too long then we can usually hold it at waterorton and if that ain't possible then pull off and give the driver greens.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Possession last night in ambergate

66725 up front

66558064-EF8D-4760-8218-A924FC45A34C.jpg

at the end it was out to duffield to the worksite marker boards

6DD2F6D0-F800-4379-86E0-2A2E5E1B9D72.jpg

Where a freightliner was waiting to head into the worksite 

0E4BA394-3694-4251-B854-FC43CFABF754.jpg

And in it went 

1B9A6D54-6850-4A00-880D-3C483B95F042.jpg

and I went off to Toton with my train and off to a hotel, back in tonight with a tank train from Toton to Landor st then a change of plan the rest of the week and 3 mountsorrel trains but working them from Doncaster so another 2 nights in a hotel, so apart from tomorrow morning I’m not home til Friday! 

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1