Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

March could be a good route to have as news in this weeks media suggests that GBRf have taken over control of the abandoned sidings there on the up side to use for storage and repair of wagons for intermodal and engineering trains from Felixstowe, Whitemoor and other areas.

Felixstowe would be another good one now that they have pretty much finished the re-signalling of the branch and added the new Trimley Loop.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 19/06/2019 at 00:13, big jim said:

Road learning Leicester to Peterborough this week between jobs, had a first run out over it on an intermodal service to get the basics in, I have done a few trips over it with Colas being conducted in the past, seems like a straight forward route, lots of crossings though, absolute block signalling and even a single lower quadrant signal on the wrong side of the track!

Quite fancy getting March or Ely too at some point, maybe even Felixstowe

Ah yes, the lower quadrant Midland signal near Ketton.

3542138_d9305d05_original.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

That’s the fella, only managed a couple of trips over it in the end and gonna be a while before I get to do it again I recon as I’m busy next week

possession in Wolverhampton tonight, one back from rugby tomorrow night, Sheffield Monday night then 3 days in london working out of hither green exploring the south coast! 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Couple from last night, bescot to portobello jn on a ballast drop, 3 miles direct but had to go via perry Barr and soho, run round in Wolverhampton and back south to site 

ready to leave bescot

20707E9F-D2BD-4303-A3C3-B750F321D7DD.jpg

And run round in Wolverhampton 

98ABBE91-F0E7-4ABA-BFE9-CDF7AF044142.jpg

in later with a rail delivery train returning from rugby to crewe Basford hall, not a bad little job really 

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Only one from last night, should have been a rail delivery train returning to Scunthorpe but it was just light loco from Landor st to Sheffield via Leicester, looking at real time trains it seems to have disappeared after hexthorpe jn so I suspect it went straight to Roberts road or Doncaster decoy rather than going to Scunthorpe for nothing

66782 this time C84CD2ED-70D9-40F8-9B30-F0055A803707.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

i told them about the thread, showed the big boss and they were happy for me to continue it on from colas, the main thing is use a bit of common sense, don’t post anything derogatory, anything restricted or sensitive 

the end of the day its all good publicity

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Interested to see that 313 in blue and grey.  I assume it is a "heritage" livery. It doesn't seem that long since I rode in them painted like that.

So when is your North of Scotland tour? There can't be many places you haven't visited.

Jonathan

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

So when is your North of Scotland tour? There can't be many places you haven't visited.

Jonathan

Go back a couple of years worth of pages and you’ll find my pics from a job up at mallaig, fort William and Oban! 

Never made inverness though 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

Interested to see that 313 in blue and grey.  I assume it is a "heritage" livery. It doesn't seem that long since I rode in them painted like that.

Jonathan

Have a look at the the Third rail EMU thread 

Especially look at John Uptons posts as he drives them on the Coastway services. 

Also surprised Big Jim did not bump into him at Littlehampton the other evening.

Keith

• Thanks 1