Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

Just one from last night, short engineers train from bescot to oxley, 5 coalfish wagons, once complete, out to codsall and awaited relief

30008915-1FDC-4C14-9B4E-DEF8CCF9883B.jpg

awful drive back, the road into Bescot yard was flooded, only just got through with the mini! 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Hi Jim, 

They are great photo's Big Jim, so in all this high winds and floods we are having at present is there ever a limit to what you let a train go through or are the lines generally fairly free from flooding...? I take it most of your work is through the early hours of the night...! You go on some great jobs, all your photos are always excellent to look at, I don't envy you much lol... if only I could hey haha

I notice you drive several Liveries Colas Rail before and GBRf this time so are you allowed to take what ever locomotive you are given on that shift you are working, or are you like freelance and qualified to drive all types.  I though if you worked for GBRf then you only drive GBRf locomotives... but that can't be the case, unless Companies own other companies locomotive in your industry...? 

I'm down visiting family in Wolverhampton in March so few visits to Bescot are in hand... 

Regards

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7

• RMweb Gold

Nice week off work last week, went into Manchester last night to see back to the future the musical which was absolutely brilliant, had to walk back to the car past the old goods depot on deansgate

5316E15B-1662-4060-8E93-88FC76D361DF.jpg

And also walked past the old midland hotel which has some lovely stonework 

91105452-F31D-454E-853D-E44B988A606F.jpg

back to work Tuesday, working out of london again on IM, out of Ferme park this time though, going to shoeburyness, Cambridge, Watford via the DC lines and oxford amongst other places 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

Them green snakes don’t have much character do they ? They probably said that about the hst in 1976 !

I remember saying something along those lines at the time!

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 28/02/2020 at 18:07, rob D2 said:

Them green snakes don’t have much character do they ? They probably said that about the hst in 1976 !

Is that the name the Class 800/801/802 have been given is it... SNAKES...? Interesting... that's a first for me, but then I don't get them in my neck of the woods...

Regards

Jamie

8 hours ago, 7APT7 said:

Is that the name the Class 800/801/802 have been given is it... SNAKES...? Interesting... that's a first for me, but then I don't get them in my neck of the woods...

Regards

Jamie

That’s just what they remind me of, especially 5 coach +. We  have an infestation here in Swindon .

Edited by rob D2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Final night of IM on friday, Ferme park to banbury via oxford 

Ferme park, all alone this time

A6264ADF-8558-497A-8939-16E0AAA94152.jpg

Willesden high level changing ends to head back to cannonbury

160F0014-854A-4891-BBFB-DEAFDF27E628.jpg

cannonbury, ready to trundle to oxford at 30mph via acton and greenford

2BF7A797-0434-4810-BAD9-6E0D3D7E0E15.jpg

And after doing oxford and back to Bicester it was on to banbury and relief 

0AD65042-5EC9-4F58-9800-4F267823AFCD.jpg

mixed week next week, engineers train at Neasden on Monday, one in Marylebone on Tuesday and Iport the end of the week 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Just a couple from last night, bescot to Neasden ballast drop 66720, 5 hoppers and 66731 (all available from Bachmann!) 

bescot

21A52953-1D4D-4777-8F6E-980BE3B8B055.jpg

South Ruislip, waiting for the possession to be put around us, we then headed off toward Wembley dropping stone where required before changing ends, waiting for the possession to be lifted and heading back to banbury to lodge

29028EAA-5FCC-4BB1-8601-4836B6C9477B.jpg

back in tonight, probably with the same locos dropping stone on the opposite line so it involves a trip into Marylebone station to change ends 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 11

On 29/02/2020 at 23:40, 7APT7 said:

Regards

Jamie

Not heard them called that however when they were first introduced some GWR staff coined a name which was not very flattering at all and which I won't repeat here.

Edited by DY444

5 hours ago, DY444 said:

Not heard them called that however when they were first introduced some GWR staff coined a name which was not very flattering at all and which I won't repeat here.

'Cucumbers' is the most popular and PC name I've heard for them so far...

On 17/02/2020 at 04:09, 7APT7 said:

"so in all this high winds and floods we are having at present is there ever a limit to what you let a train go through or are the lines generally fairly free from flooding...? "

From rule book module 3 'managing incidents, floods and snow' 

- up to the bottom of the rail head : Normal Running

- up to the top of the rail head : Maximum speed 5MPH (10km/h)

- Above the top of the rail head : Movements only permitted by instructions from operations control

hopefully that covers it. 

great pictures as always Jim. Seen mentioned there was another design a livery comp running. Be interesting to see if it replaces 66720s or if there will be two out running in these liverys 

• Informative/Useful 1