Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

Shame today’s job was cancelled, supposed to have ‘evening star’ to move 66793 from longport to hams hall, will have to have an evening in the garage instead!

Stone train tomorrow to coton hill in shrewsbury 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, big jim said:

there were a lot of photographers about today but I couldn’t see anything special on RTT apart from a rogs doncaster to Laura move which we didn’t pass until Rotherham masborough, I wonder if it was just the fact it was a sunny day? 

Great shots as usual Jim, you get some great vantage points from the cab!

It was partly because it was sunny but there was a lot happening...the Donny Laira was heavily delayed, it was meant to pass Stenson around same time as you, but I knew it was a non-runner/late runner before I left. About 15 mins before you there was a Donny Roberts Road to Gresty Bridge DRS move with Chiltern 68014 and RHTT livery 57003 which went via Stoke. Later in the day there was a power car move with one of the GBRf 50s at Burton Wetmore whilst the other GB 50 was partnered with 56081 on some barriers...

Plenty happening! Coupled with a couple of celeb sheds knocking about locally and I can see why many were out.

Jack.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Some from today, same job then an extra one from Chesterfield to down decoy 

Iport

001(94).JPG

schenker 66s passing roberts rd after I left the train there

001(20).jpg

Sheffield, changing trains for Chesterfield

001(93).JPG

chesterfield

001(92).JPG

And back to decoy

001(91).JPG

supposed to be going to bidston on Monday but I’ve got to work the intermodal back south from toton to crewe instead 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
On 21/12/2020 at 19:39, Chris116 said:

You let it get all dirty!

Today’s loco was no better, road learner bescot to bidston in relation to some work on the Mersey next year 

Gobowen with a 175 heading south and 144 units in the sidings 

001(106).JPG

Bidston

001(105).JPG

001(104).JPG

possession train tomorrow evening into Christmas morning then back to it Christmas Day to bring a couple of trains off site and back to bescot 

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, big jim said:

Today’s loco was no better, road learner bescot to bidston in relation to some work on the Mersey next year 

My lad was on Heswall as you headed back - you got the early path off Wrexham and he missed you on 0Z35jls_0Z36.jpg.8c0c831338897a77e9db5d51fec09fee.jpg

Edited by beast66606
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

I won’t be getting a Christmas dinner (unless I cook it on the loco) but I will be home in the morning for the kids opening their pressies at least

i sent my dad his present earlier this evening, I entered a charity auction through work and won him a cab ride on one of our services!

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4