Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, big jim said:

Happy new year from smethwick 

001(122).JPG

Happy new year. 

and thank you for giving us another year of great insights and photos of the job you do. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 12
  • Thanks 1

On 30/12/2020 at 19:09, big jim said:

Couple from yesterday, Coventry to East Midlands gateway and back to didcot 

festive 66

001(119).JPG

and into didcot

001(118).JPG

same tonight then possession tomorrow night in smethwick 

Im sure Network Rail would be really impressed if some of that wrapped itself round the OLE....

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Courtybella said:

I’ll remember that when you or your colleagues are sat on a red for hours when there’s an object on the OLE...

you are a bundle of joy aren’t you! 

lighten up 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

53 minutes ago, big jim said:

lighten up 

Makes no odds to me, I’ll be sat in a comfortable chair in my IECC. It’ll be your colleagues having their teeth rattled out of their skulls or going deaf on a 66 who’ll be sat in a loop waiting for OHL Team to remove the obstruction.

Im just surprised someone thought it was a good idea, mini Xmas tree on the inside 2nd man side window fair play, but that????

Edited by Courtybella

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Courtybella said:

Im just surprised someone thought it was a good idea, mini Xmas tree on the inside 2nd man side window fair play, but that????

to be fair I did think the same when I saw it, maybe put it on while sat up in a possession to cheer yourself up on Christmas Day for a few pics, fine, but take it off afterwards!

anyway I’m used to being sat up in loops for hours on end, heater on, feet up, bottom of the pile, damn you signallers!! 

:P

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

I’m one of a handful here is very pro freight, if I can keep you moving I’ll do my very best to. I’m of the firm belief what you haul behind you is actually making money, not like the fresh air expresses we normally see (even pre C19).

Anyway, that was 2020 all history now.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Courtybella said:

I’m one of a handful here is very pro freight, if I can keep you moving I’ll do my very best to. I’m of the firm belief what you haul behind you is actually making money, not like the fresh air expresses we normally see (even pre C19).

Anyway, that was 2020 all history now.

We are the new fresh air carriers during this C19 era. Now most if not all of our TOC is within a Tier 4 zone. 

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, CovDriver said:

We are the new fresh air carriers during this C19 era. Now most if not all of our TOC is within a Tier 4 zone. 

Hopefully that will soon start to change. 

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, big jim said:

lighten up 

When I was a boy I always went out in the morning of the 1st of January to see the decorated locomotives. There was much more on than of that you have shown. And it was not a branchline, no a twin track mainline.

But well this was in a country where they still have no railway fencing so I rather be quiet.... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, ColinK said:

There is a thread somewhere on RMweb for the ugliest loco, if that milling machine is eligable it would be the clear winner.

to be honest I think the opposite, it looks a cracker! 

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, big jim said:

Agree, it looks quite purposeful, and that smiley grille reminds me of class 365 Networkers.

Pretty sure there is a button on the roof that when pressed turns it into a transformer robot thingy....

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, ColinK said:

There is a thread somewhere on RMweb for the ugliest loco, if that milling machine is eligable it would be the clear winner.

1 hour ago, big jim said:

1 hour ago, Davexoc said:

Agree, it looks quite purposeful, and that smiley grille reminds me of class 365 Networkers.

Pretty sure there is a button on the roof that when pressed turns it into a transformer robot thingy....

It certainly looks fit for purpose and, judging from its main task, certainly looks mean enough to do the onerous task of rail milling without even noticing!

• Like 1