Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

13 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Caption Contest 2:  I used to be the APT, but I got motion sickness

I have this terrible pain in all the tilt packs down my left side...

Edited by Bloodnok
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Jim,

that is a fantastic achievment and one of which you can be very proud. Keep it up my friend and once more thanks for the time and effort you spend on this thread which has kept me going during my current illness.

Regards,Del.

PS:- Should I be calling you Slim Jim.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well done on the weight loss Jim and enjoy the electric bike. As part of my keep fit regime I do at least 90 miles a week on my bike and alongside a better diet (no burgers or chocolate) I keep my weight in check.

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, big jim said:

001(768).JPG

I wonder if the other side was originally covered by this one? Seems to be a good match, but then it could have come from another platform.

IMG_0028.JPG.b8d95a3167d6fb8dc95ca0f2d7d35ab1.JPG

Lives on at Fawley Hall, the McAlpine residence...

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, big jim said:

it’s a heavy bike (20kg)

You were lugging nearly that much around all the time, so well done at losing it.

Paul.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

I came across a startling figure recently; it has been estimated that overeating in the developed world accounts for approximately 10% of global food production. Put another way, the amount of excess food consumed by those who eat more than they need to could feed almost one billion people. Food for thought, if you’ll pardon the pun.

• Informative/Useful 2

Sorry Jim, I didn't.......I was in the middle of cooking oatcakes for my daughter for lunch :D

Light engine going towards Nantwich is a little boring at the moment, I guess going downhill (and is there a temporary speed restriction?) they generally just coast past the house........although this was good the day before

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Iron Horse said:

Sorry Jim, I didn't.......I was in the middle of cooking oatcakes for my daughter for lunch :D

Light engine going towards Nantwich is a little boring at the moment, I guess going downhill (and is there a temporary speed restriction?) they generally just coast past the house........although this was good the day before

Unusual bonus at the end there !!

Cheers,

Phil.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, 5BarVT said:

Not just any old mile, ballast/cess is rough going too.

Paul.

Even worse when you have spent almost all the shift within 200 yards of an access point and then you start dropping ballast and end up nearly a mile away when your relief turns up!

• Friendly/supportive 4