Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

certainly a quirky unit to drive, not going to win any speed contests up the lickey that’s for sure! 

You'll be doing well to get up the Lickey at any speed. When we are on Bromsgrove panel we just hope the tanks are nearly empty cos full tanks equals a very good chance of over heating and a chat on the phone with the driver.

15 hours ago, big jim said:

new st

IMG_0449.JPG

Hi Jim,

What are the miniature indicators between the signal aspect and the standard indicator, are they proper MIs (if so, what for?) or are they CD/RA Indicators?

I've never seen them arranged like that before.

Simon

• RMweb Premium

I meant between locomotives of the same class. I wouldn't expect a 37 to match a 66 - at least I hope not.

Interesting to see the 197.  I suppose we shall get them through here one day. At least the livery is not so garish as the 196s, though the front end is still ugly.

Jonathan

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

a little irony there; "I'm a climate hero" being a diesel, and pulling a steam locomotive.

I'm guessing they're using the logic that a train hauled by a Diesel produces much less pollution than 30-odd individual Diesel lorries.

4 hours ago, Budgie said:

Does it small like a fish-and-chip shop as it rushes past you?

Nope. I had a face full of clag on its first loaded trip since repaint and re-fuel. Smelled like a diesel to me.

Jack.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1