Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Hi,

The conveyor was a big feature!

Remember being told around 20 years ago that when BMW took over Rover they tried to put a 3 series bodyshell along the conveyor.  It didn't fit.

A week or so ago I read that Austin had the same problem with the 1800 (Landcrab) and that the unpainted shells were taken between the 2 parts of the factory by lorry, whatever the weather.

Ian

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

15 hours ago, big jim said:

from there I went up fish hill, which was a scream in the mini to Broadway tower and had a walk round there too, shame it was wrapped in scaffold 

82963559-CDD2-4E3E-9C07-AEE960ED2445.jpeg.dd90142c22a32e558ab6b81f5fc76ce0.jpeg

You should've walked up to the tower Jim , that would've given you a good workout 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

5 hours ago, 101 said:

You should've walked up to the tower Jim , that would've given you a good workout 

Just got my bike back from a repair of a repair and the motor is knackered so that’s put pay to using it the rest of the week between the hotel and kings Norton depot so I kind of wish I had have walked to the tower now to get some extra exercise in! 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, big jim said:

Just got my bike back from a repair of a repair and the motor is knackered so that’s put pay to using it the rest of the week between the hotel and kings Norton depot so I kind of wish I had have walked to the tower now to get some extra exercise in! 

Still under warranty hopefully?

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Still under warranty hopefully?

Yeah it’s only 4 months old so hopefully if they can’t resolve it if not they can replace the motor or wiring as appears to be the issue with it 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, big jim said:

66030 passing by with a steel train, must have been banked up the lickey as it waited there while the banking loco passed it heading back to bescot 

Yes thats correct, where possible if it won't cause delay i try to get the bank engine away to landor Street before the last train its just banked sits waiting for relief. Must of spoke to you last night as had the pleasure of working kingsnorton last night. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2