Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

The 37's seem to be residents at the west end of Bescot yard at the moment, good to see them there as I pass through the M6/M5 junction twice each day :)

• RMweb Gold

they normally live on the 'column road' in the day which is where you see them when you pass on the motorway, then get put on 6C70 in the evening, funnily enough thats the job i've been on this evening, couldn't be botherered to take any pictures though, too wet and miserable

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Jim,

Thanks for going to rescue 37421 and train. It failed slow line Northfield on the up slow- stopping cross city electrics in their tracks, XC and diesel services from beyond Barnt Green used up goods loop to Longbridge as two trains trapped looking at a 323 in Longbridge platform with nowhere to go, at Longbridge diesel traction crossed back over to up fast and all was good !  When I suggested this routing to the NR Midlands TRC he seem surprised and went to ask signallers if it was possible, luckily/ sensibly  it was authorised in short order  .

Unlike the day before LM were quick of mark with turnrounds at Kings Norton and at New St to keep a bit of traffic on Cross-city  North  

Thanks to your efforts and 3Q01 driving wrong road once electrics set back into the now vacant up goods loop,  all on the move in around an  hour.  Due resulting log jam release of 5 trapped electric sets XC sent all traffic via Camp Hill, alls well that ends well and hopefully the fault on the RTOV/ DBSO will be fixed and not happen again!! (live in hope!)

Robert

Guest B Exam

Same job tomorrow then something blue and yellow with a large logo on Friday

Whats planned for the wee beastie? I hear its off to Crewe Friday morning...

• RMweb Gold

Is it true that the current crops which the timber trains are working the stocks from is due to dry up soon (The Carlisle -Chirk)?

not heard anything but that particular story does the rounds every so often

couple from today, again just phone pics

2BD0A850-AA80-4AB6-BA2A-03B81133C228.jpg

763F6736-8D95-4943-8E72-EBA3C07D64D6.png

and one from another forum member (21Alizard) of one of his jobs this week, class 70 into paddington with the RILA rig attached

image_1.jpeg

RILA: Rail Infrastructure aLignment Acquisition

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

and one from another forum member (21Alizard) of one of his jobs this week, class 70 into paddington with the RILA rig attached

image_1.jpeg

RILA: Rail Infrastructure aLignment Acquisition

Oooohh. 70808 is my almost finished second Colas Fugly.

I was going to build a RILA rig to fit to my WCRC 37516 but ORR have put paid to that for now.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Just one from today, all the other pics are in the big camera which I can't download til Sunday

Today descended into chaos at basford hall by my train being blocked in by a failed crane

B4ABB3EE-D9DC-42D3-B487-0C6AD1C38922.png

Forum member 21Alizard takes the train away from Walsall

Edited by big jim
  • Like 17

Guest B Exam

Just one from today, all the other pics are in the big camera which I can't download til Sunday

Today descended into chaos at basford hall by my train being blocked in by a failed crane

B4ABB3EE-D9DC-42D3-B487-0C6AD1C38922.png

Forum member 21Alizard takes the train away from Walsall

That explains the delay then...

Colas's new toy out to play today as 37254 took 40013 to Derby RTC from Barrow Hill, then took 56302 from Derby to Barrow Hill...

https://flickr.com/photos/69838920@N04/25675833686/

• Like 5

Jim

Great pics of 37025 you must have been one of the most photographed trains in UK that day would obviously like to see her work a few trains up here but as long as she is mainline earning her keep and some £ to help restore her sisters. You never know if Colas still need 37's you could be driving 37261 when she is restored.

Also Jim if you can you should try and get here for Bo'ness diesel gala you could even bring the class 70 don't think they have had one there yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2