Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

yeah thats the one, been looking at it on the web, looking very bad indeed, power expected to be switched off to 40000 homes due to the proximity of the pylons

i must admit when i first saw the smoke on the way in to new st i thought it was futher back towards washwood heath but according to one news report they are also dealing with another "substantial fire" in that area too, a busy night for the firefighters that's for sure 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Funnily enough I was looking at the 'likes' yesterday and thinking that because if included 37's Welsh steam and the Cambrian coast it's got more likes in a few hours than most of my other recent posts get in a couple of days!!

Anyway, on the Cumbrian coast now!

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Can see why there is a flashing tail lamp on this as 423 has the tail lamp switch in the closest cab unlike the other 37/4s which is in the opposite end

Do the DBSO's need a flashing tail lamp in which case they probably insist on one on all workings in either direction.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208

• RMweb Gold

Do the DBSO's need a flashing tail lamp in which case they probably insist on one on all workings in either direction.

Jamie

If the taillamps are working there's no need for a flashing one

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold

I asked the driver on the Cumbrian coast loco hauled earlier why they put a tail lamp on the train and it's because a signaller reported that he couldn't see the tail lamps lit on a loco a while back so since then they put one on

Superb photos. What's the 67 hauled Manchester WAG express service ? I've never heard of it.

Brit15

It's a locomotive hauled additionally train ran by Arriva between Holyhead and Manchester and Holyhead and Cardiff generally. 

Manchester WAG reportedly not got long left though sadly, going back to units. 

Locos hired of DBS, coaching stock is DB Regio (of the top of my head) and theres an arriva* coach with chiltern covering for the fire damaged one

HTH

(Sorry for the thread Hijack Jim)

Edited by Swifty11

Guest B Exam

Some nice pics there of my local patch Jim. Lenton South Jn has changed somewhat over the last few years!

• Like 1