Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Premium

And one for Mick on deadmans lane, one of the voyagers that work past the RTC for route retention

D5844012-4164-45BC-BAC5-9898E5B104DD.jpg

Could be my mate (and layout operator) driving.....

There is also a Northern 158 that passes that way once a day.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Could be my mate (and layout operator) driving.....

There is also a Northern 158 that passes that way once a day.

Cheers,

Mick

Said driver was busy on the pull at 4am this morning in Leeds :mosking:  :O

Cheers,

Phil.

4000 replies to this thread!!

Here's to the next 4000

Agree. Although I'm not too interested in the modern railway scene I always find your photos very interesting, probably because many are taken on the job, at all hours and at many places rail fan's can't access. 

Thanks Jim for your photos and info etc.

Brit15

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I hear you passed 7X09 at Leamington whilst that was sat in the middle road as well.

I really should have made an effort to come out somewhere for it but didn't find time.

yeah, i wondered if marcus37 may have been on it

• RMweb Gold

Lovely atmospheric photos, do you have any idea what the 'Colas Mainline Guest' will be?

http://www.ribblesteam.org.uk/enquiry-desk/events/eventdetail/246/-/diesel-weekend

first time ive seen or heard anything about that event so no, not a clue what the loco would be, class 60s work down there woth the tanks so maybe one of those

I hear you passed 7X09 at Leamington whilst that was sat in the middle road as well.

I really should have made an effort to come out somewhere for it but didn't find time.

I did!

cheers

Shane

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

this comment made me laugh, well more to the point what my dad said, he reads this thread and sometimes asks me things about it, his gem of a question yesterday was "what did the driver mean by on the pull?" thinking it being a railway term, had great fun explaining to him that it wasnt in fact a railway term and that said person was out on the lash trying to get off with women! 

Actually, what was happening was, said driver was booking on, and he got accosted by a woman who had clearly been on the lash (for the last 10 years!), she had most of her dinner down the front of her jumper, which isn't a surprise considering most of her teeth were missing, and who went on a rant about how much it costs to rent a flat. All the classy girls hang around Leeds station at 4 in the morning !!

She was that far gone she didn't notice when he got his phone out and started filming :O

I'm sure you've seen some similar sights on your travels !

Cheers,

Phil.

• RMweb Gold

Just a couple from today, a last minute ask, move a 56 coleham to crewe, should have then gone to london to lodge but I decided to travel in the morning instead as the job has changed considerably from its original incarnation!

A736A96F-B12D-46E6-A3EF-6C9427BF44AF.jpg

8087F493-5094-4AAA-8AE4-93831A6EA3FB.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

one for mick, 37219 has had a bracket to mount RILA equipment fitted to one end 

DA354E25-A877-4C1B-B688-92A695C325EC.jpg

37219 now carries "Jonty Jarvis" nameplates ex-DRS 37229.

That means that my 37219 definitely now needs a visit to the workbench (My silhouette cutter will come in useful for making the mounting bracket...)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The 67s have just gone through crewe at speed as I came down the steps to the platform, 30 seconds earlier and I've have got a pic!

Would have made a nice shot as the 67 hauled WAG was leaving at the same time

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Had to delay my breakfast to photograph the 88. Eating my toast when the Mossend Daventry went past with a pair of grey 90's. Having a brew when the Colas 67s went past in perfect sunlight.